UFC 'talking about' Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas for UFC 169 in New Jersey

Good. His shot is long overdue. Swanson and Mendes have been patiently waiting.

That could be an awsome fight. I see Aldo stuffing takedowns at will and destroying Lamas standing.

Co-main? Doesn't make sense to make a poor PPV seller like Aldo the headliner for a Superbowl weekend PPV.

Co-main? Doesn't make sense to make a poor PPV seller like Aldo the headliner for a Superbowl weekend PPV.

Maybe Cruz vs Barao together ? Cain/JDS winner vs Werdum ?
It is not like these guys are ppv superstars either.. but then again, who is nowadays? Anderson and GSP, maybe Jones ? These three are not going to fight in February 1, that's a fact. They'll probably stack the rest of the main card.

considering aldo's already beaten cub and chad

i think it is time for that rematch too, they want a rematch against the champ, they're at the top of the division, it is only fair that they rematch each other first.
edit: except that i forgot that Mendes will fight Lentz.. lame fight.

They should just make this card free on Fox now that Jones/Texiera ain't happening.

It is not like these guys are ppv superstars either.. but then again, who is nowadays? Anderson and GSP, maybe Jones ? These three are not going to fight in February 1, that's a fact. They'll probably stack the rest of the main card.

Heavies always draw. I'm guessing this weekends card will do pretty well. Cain or JDS vs. Werdum would pull very nicely I think, especially if backed up by this fight.

I agree with that. I think either Barao/Cruz or Cain/JDS vs. Werdum will be on this card as well. The Main Card will be stacked. People forget that Aldo fought in this year's Superbowl Card as well against Edgar. It will not be the first time he fights on a Superbowl Card.

this fight won't sell in NJ. UFC dropped the ball putting Edgar on TUF. everybody loves him over here.

Oh yeah, I forgot Cruz had to be back by February, and this card obviously is why.

Im glad the right guy got the shot. I was afraid they would pass him over for Mendes or Swanson since they are bigger names, but I guess trying to sell a rematch between Aldo and two of his worst victims wasn't an appealing idea.

They should book these fights rather soon.....there are 2 other contenders that have been a role in Mendes and Swanson. i dont know why they just wont get them to fight each other on the same show and get a true #1 contender.

Makes sense, no other t/fights available unless Cain/JDS winner has a quick turnaround.

Who headlines FOX 10 then?

Sonnen/Wanderlei?

yeah give Lamas his well deserved title shot

So what happened to the Aldo-Pettis fight? Did Jose not have the option to retain his belt and opted not to take it?

That would have been far more interesting than Pettis-Punk or Aldo-Lamas, imo.

Well if they're not making th superfight(they should) it's the correct move.

Back