UFC Sweden in late January

Gus should work on his wrestling takedowns those times he grabbed JBJ kicks he could have done more. Whoever you fight I'm rooting for Gus because I want to see a rematch eventually. JDS and Cain will fight 10 times so how about Gus vs JBJ 10 times. :icon_lol:

Gustafsson vs Ilir Latifi make it happen dana !! #rally4Latifi !!!

I do not think that is enough for Lil Nog, because he lost to Phil Davis and i believe if Gus loses, Phil Davis should be considered ahead of him.

Yah....that was the original fight I wanted to see and idea I had. Gus vs Davis rematch makes perfect sense, they fought over 3 years ago, so its been a while and both are contenders. BUT! I dont think that Davis and Gus will fight now that they are training partners, but i am assuming so you never know.

I would be happy with either fight.....I like the Rogerio fight more style wise.

Gus VS Lil Nog will NOT be scheduled.

They're not going to book a guy against us that has a 50% fight-withdrawal rate... especially after Gus missed the last fight in Sweden.

They're going to book him against a guy they can count on actually showing up.

I think it will be a good time to give the fans Gus VS Mousasi that was promised

Gus VS Lil Nog will NOT be scheduled.

They're not going to book a guy against us that has a 50% fight-withdrawal rate... especially after Gus missed the last fight in Sweden.

They're going to book him against a guy they can count on actually showing up.

I think it will be a good time to give the fans Gus VS Mousasi that was promised

I see what you're saying but don't you think they'll be good as long as Gus doesn't pull out? I mean, I'm sure there are alot of 205ers that would jump at the chance to jump up the rankings by jumping in as a late replacement vs Gustafsson. I think the swedes attending the event would watch Gustafsson fight whoever.

Gus lost his last fight in Sweden by a TKO.

To a cage post.

I see what you're saying but don't you think they'll be good as long as Gus doesn't pull out? I mean, I'm sure there are alot of 205ers that would jump at the chance to jump up the rankings by jumping in as a late replacement vs Gustafsson. I think the swedes attending the event would watch Gustafsson fight whoever.

Exactly, then they should book him against whoever, but not someone who may cause them to have to re-promote and re-book at the last minute. Dont forget it's about Gustafsson's career as well. He's not going to do himself any favors fighting a no-name guy, and then being awarded with a title shot for it.

There's a lot of promotional tasks involved in fighting in the UFC.
Little Nog will most likely either fight in Nevada, or in Brazil.

And usually, fighting overseas isn't favored by most top guys. Wonder who will take this fight. I can only see Mousasi, from the top10.

So no immediate rematch, shady move zuffa, you know your golden boy Jones lost and you won't admit it. And I thought Jones would kill Gus.

It's all good, Gus destroys Lil Nog in Sweden or whoever and gets his 2nd title defense against Jones.

This guy knows what's up

Cheers, loving the AV! Awesome work!

Well, for one, the rivalry in this case could simply refer to Finns wanting to stick the smugginess of the Swedes down their throats, cause after all, nationalism is a real thing, and Sweden hasn't always exactly been best buddies with Finland.

I will enjoy the beatdown Tom Niinimaki will put on any of your featherweights, in case any of the fights come to fruition. :icon_twis Niklas B

Why would you think they would hold an outdoor event in Sweden let alone in the middle of the winter?

Hopefully it's Mousasi. That would be a great war until Alex stops him.

Hopefully it's Mousasi. That would be a great war until Alex stops him.

I very much doubt it's Gegard. Hasn't Mousasi gone on record that he's pretty adamant on dropping down to 185 for his next fight?

I very much doubt it's Gegard. Hasn't Mousasi gone on record that he's pretty adamant on dropping down to 185 for his next fight?

You're probably right. And I don't think they will put him against Nog with with always getting injured and the way things happened last time in Stockholm with Alex.

Who do you think man?

Moussasi is probably better in MW, but he is nonetheless a very dangerous opponent. But I dont know if he will be ready in time. And I don't know if the UFC can organize an event for January, it's to close.

He said a week before of after the Super Bowl card. He didn't say January exactly.

Funnily enough, I just got back from some travelling and all the Finns I met seemed to dislike Sweden (whenever I mentioned how much I love Scandinavia, then named the countries I'd visited, they always scoffed at Sweden, haha!) - didn't realise such a rivalry existed!

I hope the Finns you met didn't come across as hostile towards Sweden, since that's not what it's about, atleast these days.

Sweden hasn't always been treating Finland very nicely, and went as far as attempting to assimilate and "Swedify" the Finnish population back in 1850-1950, in fear of the Soviet's influence. The negativity that surrounds the historic events has fortunately not resulted in Finland holding a grudge against Sweden, but has, so to speak, transformed itself into a form of rivalry.

I cheer for Swedish fighters like I do for the Finnish ones, but that said, if a Finnish marquee fighter would lose to a Swedish marquee fighter, it would be way more irritating (for me) than if that said Finnish marquee fighter would lose to a fighter of some other nationality.

That Sweden event is not official, Dana was just musing.

He said a week before of after the Super Bowl card. He didn't say January exactly.

I hate when speculation is passed off as fact.

What usually happens is someone on Tweeter misinterprets what Dana says, then someone on Sherdog links the tweet thinking it's a fact.

You're probably right. And I don't think they will put him against Nog with with always getting injured and the way things happened last time in Stockholm with Alex.

Who do you think man?

I am, for some odd reason, leaning towards the winner of Belfort vs Henderson.

I understand that neither of those fighters would happily travel all the way to Sweden, but if the money was right, I think you have to consider the possibility.

Back