UFC should start respect weight categories

MRudi

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I don't know how about you, but I dont enyoy weigh bullying. Sometimes for freak fights trained figher for bodybuilder it can be fun, but it ain't sport.
And when I watch old fights of Jon Jones it is kinda sad how outpowers he Machida or Shogun Rua. Well hard to not, if he is HW.
Therefore I think UFC should change weigh categories to categories at the entry to octagon. The weigh you bring into the fight is your weigh. Not the 15 kg a day earlier.
LHW limit should be like 105 kg, MW limit like the 95 kg, WW limit should be like 85 kg, LW limit should be like 79 kg etc

ENYOY IT

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240917_173508_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240917_173508_Chrome.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 3
This same bad idea shared again by someone who didn't think it through and has no fucking idea what they are talking about?

This is why white belts making threads is a bad idea.

People criticise ONE's system as flawed, but I don't remember seeing someone wobbling all over the place because they've cut so much weight they're unable to function.

On that score it's FAR better.
Fighters dead from weight cut

OneFC : 1

UFC : 0

I would venture to say this metric matters more.

OneFC has some decent shows. Anyone who thinks their weight cut thing is great simply hasn't researched the reality. I'm getting sick of posting the video debunking it for the trash it is

Fighters dead from weight cut

OneFC : 1

UFC : 0

I would venture to say this metric matters more.

OneFC has some decent shows. Anyone who thinks their weight cut thing is great simply hasn't researched the reality. I'm getting sick of posting the video debunking it for the trash it is

Nobody passed away under the current ONE weight cutting rules, and nobody is asking for your video so no need to feel like such a martyr lol

219lbs vs Shogun, 222lbs later in his career. Jones is a terrible example to use but go off.

Weight cutting is for pussies, we all know that, but it’s the rules, so screw it. The real reason why the current weight cutting practice pisses me off is talent being artificially moved down. The state of HW divisions being a prime example.

Weight cutting is for pussies, we all know that, but it’s the rules, so screw it. The real reason why the current weight cutting practice pisses me off is talent being artificially moved down. The state of HW divisions being a prime example.
If you can make the weight it isn't artificial. Quit crying.

Reactions: HHJ
Maybe I’m alone in this but I assume anyone that complains about “weight bullies” is just upset that a fighter they like got beat by someone that they feel has a size advantage. Humans don’t come in set sizes, there is always going to be some sort of size discrepancy. If you make the weight you’re good to go in my opinion.

Also it’s comical how some fighters are basically praised for how much weight they are able to cut while others are chastised for it. Pereira at 185 is a prime example of someone being praised for cutting a lot of weight.

Reactions: HHJ
Ya and then when they don't make weight at the octagon door, they have to turn around, walk back down the aisle and get pelted by tomato's, as the crown boos & hisses!!🍅🖕🐍

If they can't make weight to fight, they gotta powerslap their way out of the arena through the fans in attendance.

Being called a weight bully basically means you are better than everyone else, and someone's pissed about it.

People act like they are the only ones cutting weight in that division, lmao

Back