UFC should change to...

I have to disagree. The criteria needs to change. 10 point must system does not work. And IMO round by round judging needs to go.
You could add in more criteria on top of the 10 point must system...at end of fight give 1 more point to fighter who was the more aggressive throughout the whole fight and 1 point to the guy who did the most damage. Not sure it would help tho.

I repeat. After every god damn Bones fight some dramatic rule changes are expected by butthurt sherdog. It gets insane
Regardless of what fight just happened. I am just stating that Pride judged fights better IMO.

I've thought about this quite a bit and have gone back forth on which I prefer. To go with judging the overall fight I think you would have to change the round system to something like PRIDE had. That first 10 minute round put a fighter's endurance to the test and set the table for what was to come in the fight. I think it made it easier to judge the overall fight. Doing that in a fight with 3 five minute rds would still lend itself to some bad subjective judging. I doubt the UFC would make such drastic changes especially anytime soon.

the current system is fine, whoever is walking forward the most wins, just like in a real fight.

Winning the first three rounds then gassing in four and five, getting slapped about but still end up winning is an issue.

I think they're currently judging on who the UFC would prefer to have the title.

I think they're currently judging on who the UFC would prefer to have the title.

I have to disagree. The criteria needs to change. 10 point must system does not work. And IMO round by round judging needs to go.
Round by round judging can work, but much better if they shorten the rounds and have more of them.

It's very difficult to judge a 5 minute round where 3 minutes were on the ground with one fighter scoring a takedown and dominating then 2 minutes of stand-up where the other fighter lands a knockdown. Who wins that round?

To me, the solution is shorter 3-minute rounds with no referee stand-ups. 5 rounds for regular fights, 7 for title fights.

You think round-by-round judging is controversial? If they put "whole fight" judging in it'll be ten times worse.

Imagine a fight where one fighter controls 4 rounds but in the last round the other fighter ends with a flurry that almost results in KO.

Who wins that? The guy who controlled 80% of the fight or the guy that almost killed him if not for the final bell?

*shrug*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back