UFC should change to...

MMAJunkie

You cant keep a good man down
@Brown
Reaction score
Pride FC way of judging a fight. They judged it as a whole. Not round by round. I believe this way of judging is better.

Thoughts?

The current criterias to judge fights are good, the problem is the judges and why they do not follow those criterias ?

The current criterias to judge fights are good, the problem is the judges and why they do not follow those criterias ?
I have to disagree. The criteria needs to change. 10 point must system does not work. And IMO round by round judging needs to go.

Let's just take the rounds out and make a fight 15 minutes

tenor.gif

I have to disagree. The criteria needs to change. 10 point must system does not work. And IMO round by round judging needs to go.
In this world do you have rounds?

In this world do you have rounds?
Yes rounds stay the same. Did you watch Pride? The way they judged a fight. Only thing I change is the criteria. But thats a discussion they need when or if they ever form a Fighters Union.

Yes rounds stay the same. Did you watch Pride? The way they judged a fight. Only thing I change is the criteria. But thats a discussion they need when or if they ever form a Fighters Union.
Of course I watched pride. I guess my issue here is simply the fight can be taken in the final moments and all else that happened kinda didn't happen. If this is the way it needs to be it should be roundless.

Of course I watched pride. I guess my issue here is simply the fight can be taken in the final moments and all else that happened kinda didn't happen. If this is the way it needs to be it should be roundless.
I see what you are saying. But I believe it will take away from fighters trying to win on points.

Can you motherfuckers stop proposing major changes to mma every time you dont get the end result you want from a Jones fight. It happens every god damn time

Pride FC way of judging a fight. They judged it as a whole. Not round by round. I believe this way of judging is better.

Thoughts?

I agree (I preferred Pride), but as far as I know, in America prize fighting (ie fighting for money) rules are set by the state commission and not the promotion. In that case, the UFC can't change the rules without the commission's okay, and that might be hard to get (MMA is a minor sport and still gets a lot of hate because of concussions etc, so politicians aren't going to go out of their way to help it).

Can you motherfuckers stop proposing major changes to mma every time you dont get the end result you want from a Jones fight. It happens every god damn time
The results of any fight is not the only reason. Ive been debating this with friends for years.

You cant sit there and tell me the current system works...

The results of any fight is not the only reason. Ive been debating this with friends for years.

Prides system wasnt perfect either.

Thoughts?

Naw...that means you just have to be impressive in the last 5 mins to 10 mins of a fight as most judges cant focus long enough to remember a whole 25 mins of fighting..since they cant even remember the last 5 mins they watched currently...and get shit wrong

The decisions would be bad..very bad they worked in pride cuz of all the miss matches and freak show fights that judged were pretty straight forward decisions...in truly competitive fights the scores were fucky

Last edited:
10 minute first-rounds and scoring the entire fight as a whole is definitely superior.

I repeat. After every god damn Bones fight some dramatic rule changes are expected by butthurt sherdog. It gets insane

Back