PBP UFC: Road to the UFC Epsiodes 3 & 4: Official Play by Play Thread, 3AM and 5AM PT (UFC Fight Pass)

These slow walkouts remind me of this lol :D

giphy-downsized-large.gif

lol this is not going well for the Indonesians.

Windri is about to make it 0-4 when Shin most likely dispatches him. He doesn't have the greatest takedown defense and is too wild on the feet.

He would hit a wall fast at 155lbs in the UFC even vs lower level guys with talent. 145 is probably right, I'm not sure if he can make 135lbs, did you see him weigh in?

He definitely looked a little more cut up than he has in the past but like you said his body frame is just too slight for long term success at 155.

The way he was able to toss around his competitors at 155 on the regional scene makes me confident he will hold up fine in the tournament. His opponent Windir is the least athletic of all the Indonesian fighters in the tournament but the best actual fighter from a fight-iq and strategic perspective. He may present a slight challenge to Shin, I expect he will make Shin come after him, but it will be a fight-iq test not a physical one.

Haraguchi looked very impressive there, I definitely see him getting to the finals based off that performance.

Japan wrestling too stronk
<HanaKimura02>

lol, Graham Boylan's Indonesians go 0-4.

I declared war on Indonesia and parlayed all their opponents so I'm particularly happy
<{1-14}><VinceCa$h>

(actually I included Guram in that parlay so I'm not paid yet, but looking good)

(in fairness they got a little screwed having opponents like Zhawupasi and Haraguchi, but hey the UFC isn't for wimps so...)

I declared war on Indonesia and parlayed all their opponents so I'm particularly happy
<{1-14}><VinceCa$h>

(actually I included Guram in that parlay so I'm not paid yet, but looking good)

I totally should have done that, I knew none of them would win. A fading Indonesia and India parlay would have been nice

I totally should have done that, I knew none of them would win. A fading Indonesia and India parlay would have been nice
most online books didn't offer it but UK betting shops do have Road to UFC on the terminals so you can get your juicelord parlays down while dodging timorese knifefighters (who may or may not also hate indonesians, come to think of it)

(seriously - the betfreds here are stuffed full of surly little dudes, with posters on the wall in timorese warning not to bring knives in lol)
<BlackPinkStab>

Did the commentary just compare Shin and Rinya?

Rinya Nakamura is an explosive athlete.

Shin while a great athlete is beating his opponents with technique.

The two are both great prospects but nothing alike other than they hail from the same country.

It says 1 - 0 for a USA fighter, who is that? Also, why is that fighter fighting for the Asian Road to the UFC?

It says 1 - 0 for a USA fighter, who is that? Also, why is that fighter fighting for the Asian Road to the UFC?

Mark Climaco. He's an American/Filipino like Brandon Vera.

Reactions: TCE
Mark Climaco. He's an AKA guy that mainly fights at LFA. However, he is of Filipino descent which is why he was allowed.

Reactions: TCE
lmao at jouban telling sanko not to get too excited and references shavkat.

Back