UFC releases Yushin Okami

This is horse shit. Okami is a top fighter, one of the top 10 middleweight ever (potentially top 5), always been solid in the UFC. Put on some good fights, some decent ones, and a few bad fights, but who hasn't? Complete joke.

Re-negotiated 5 fight contract right before the Silva fight. Was making BIG bucks. (I think between 85-125 to show)

He wasn't released. Just wasn't renewed. Like Kongo.

dong hyun kim better watch his ass against silva now, 1 fight is all they need to cut you

This is no worse than the Fitch cut. Both are terrible cuts as far as I'm concerned. It's likely due to the fact that they had big contracts relative to newer fighters and that the UFC didn't think they brought enough excitement relative to the contract.

What a joke, this is 10x worse than cutting Fitch. Sure he isnt the most exciting guy but he was 3-1 in his last 4 and lost to Jacare who is a top guy.

I dont understand how you can cut him. Pathetic.

It has to be his contract was up and they didnt come to a new deal like Kongo, right? this cant be a straight cut cause if it is that makes no sense.

i doubt they could make those type of decisions that quickly, we are talking less than one month. as ridiculous as it sounds, it has to be a cut.

fucking joke.

I don't agree with it, but I can see the reasoning behind it.

The bottom line: Yushin Okami has been fighting in the UFC for 7 years. How many fans does he have? How many people saying, "I'm definitely buying this PPV because I never miss a Yushin Okami fight"? I don't know any Okami fans besides Konster and Chael Sonnen.

Lol wut? I don't know what to say. Maybe even more gay than cutting Fitch. (No offense)
Well i'd heavily favour him against Shlemenko.

Re-negotiated 5 fight contract right before the Silva fight. Was making BIG bucks. (I think between 85-125 to show)

He wasn't released. Just wasn't renewed. Like Kongo.

Wouldn't that have been 6 fights? Silva, Boetsch, some guy, Belcher, Lombard, and Jacare. In any case, it's rather sad he was released after losing a #2 contender's bout.

A lot of people will complain about this but he is like Fitch and no one remembers Fitch anymore or doesn't talk about him anymore. It'll be the same with Okami, boring ass fighter but can beat most of the top guys in the world. Seems he has reached his pinnacle in UFC. Maybe he can be a champ in Bellator.

if one day MMA can get rid of all the guys who are better then the exciting fighters so the boring guys have no chance to win, then MMA will truly be the best it can be. It will truly reach WWE status were no one cares to find out who is best and the guys pushed forward are done so on marketability.

about time the UFC purged itself of better fighters getting in the way of excitement.

/sarcasm

Exactly.

Sometimes I feel like the UFC do shit like this to stay in the headlines. WTF?

Seriously, WTF?!

ri89sj.jpg

One win away from probably getting a title eliminator bout and he gets cut.

Back