News UFC releases John Phillips, Justin Ledet and Bevon Lewis

Like I said before Bevon's last fight that Hall comeback ruined him, never been the same

You must be new here.

Check out the World Wide MMA sub forum on this forum. We’ve got experts who has done the numbers. Fighters make way more in Bellator, OneFC, PFL & BKFC according to them.
Post sources or gtfo

Post sources or gtfo
Just search any thread about UFC financials and payouts, you will quickly figure out Orgs outside the UFC pays much more for much less of work.

Reactions: lsa
As a Welsh man, I was hyped when they signed Phillips. Dude is known for exciting stand up wars and crazy knockouts... dude just wasn't good enough for the ufc

Maybe i'm just being nostalgic and have selective memory on this, but it feels like the standards for being signed and getting to stick around are a lot lower than they used to be. Phillips lost his first three and ultimately went 1-5 ffs.

I think he was kept around so long because he was willing to fight during the pandemic. Think he fought twice at fight island, that probably went a bit of the way for keeping him about

Yeah pretty much. One that sticks out for me is Lucio Linhares around 10 years ago. He came in, lost to Palhares and Okami and then was dropped never to be seen again. Pretty sad when you see guys like Phillips get opportunity after opportunity.

Linhares had a great 1st round with Palhares. He was very slick in the ground

All sensible cuts. As usual. Phillips is fucking terrible, I'm surprised he hung around for so long. Ledet initially looked promising but he was basically a point fighter with very little finishing ability. Lewis was just a bust, dude got hype for being lanky and training with Jon Jones, that's it.

arrested-development-who.gif

All these cuts are justified. They were given many chances

Happy to see Ledet get cut. One of the more unlikeable guys in recent history.

Bevon Lewis being released after a single loss? Granted it was a TKO loss but fighters lose and stay in the organization all the time.

What happened in this case especially?

He was probably released for a combination of poor performance/turning down fights.

Just a guess but the roster is very thin at LHW and he was a very big MW that was fighting guys alternating between MW/LHW.

Back