News UFC releases John Phillips, Justin Ledet and Bevon Lewis

r1sbq5m.gif

Bevon Lewis being released after a single loss? Granted it was a TKO loss but fighters lose and stay in the organization all the time.

What happened in this case especially?

Maybe i'm just being nostalgic and have selective memory on this, but it feels like the standards for being signed and getting to stick around are a lot lower than they used to be. Phillips lost his first three and ultimately went 1-5 ffs.

Bevon Lewis being released after a single loss? Granted it was a TKO loss but fighters lose and stay in the organization all the time.

He was 1-3 in his last 4 and he looked really bad in his last one.

I could go for a roasted turkey stuffed with rosemary seasoned stuffing, green bean casserole, garlic butter mash potatoes, gravy, yams and lemon balsamic glazed asparagus and tiny pearl onions

Is Dequan Townsend still about? if so how did he not get cut.

Maybe i'm just being nostalgic and have selective memory on this, but it feels like the standards for being signed and getting to stick around are a lot lower than they used to be. Phillips lost his first three and ultimately went 1-5 ffs.
Remember when losing 3 In a row was essentially guaranteed your release.

He lost 3 of his last 4, but at 185 the roster isnt very solid. Maybe he somehow has a better contract than 12k contender guys?

Back