UFC Reaches Out To Mexican-Latino Fan Base With Erik Perez YouTube Feature

unsuccesful mexican in America- illegal farm worker mexican shit job, doesnt speak english, gtfo

succesful mexican in America- not a true mexican, he is mexican-american

Not particularly, I understand if the tone seems bitchy in text but if it was speech you would understand how unrustled my jimmies are. I could always add, "I said sardonically with my right hand on the table supporting my face, shaking it at the laptop in whimsical disbelief" but that would be downright annoying to do all the time.

/facepalm. Did you even watch the video? You just proved the point of the guy who told you he isn't wearing the mask to let you know he's Mexican. I'm downgrading you to LEXWHONEEDSADULTSUPERVISION.

Ha and im suppose to believe that. Let it go son, he probably wouldnt even have got the mask if they didnt ask him to. Relax babygirl, damn!

unsuccesful mexican in America- illegal farm worker mexican shit job, doesnt speak english, gtfo

Haha true white guy talk! Haha

The ufc didn't even have a bw division so how would they of brought Torres over in his prime?

Also a Mexican-American is not a true Mexican. Mexicans are huge fight fans so if the Ufc could truly break into that market it would be huge for the company.

I don't know where you live but out here in the west coast if I were to tell most Mexicans born in the US that they are not true Mexican I'd proly get shot lol. Soooo much culture and influence is brought over from mexico I mean granted most western states used to be Mexico. But either way I'd definitely say as a white boy in an all Hispanic school growing up that Mexican Americans overall are still very Mexican indeed lol.

But I do hear you when it comes to tapping into the Mexican crowed cross the border that is a HUGE market. Many rock artist like deep purple Metallica the who john McCartney U2 have sellout shows there. NFL teams do exhibitions matches there because of the market as well. It would b great $$$$ for UFC

How ignorant can you be? You make me feel embarrassed that you are white. Please everyone. Not all of us white men are completely retarded. I am in the military and there are plenty Mexican American brothers an overwhelming number of them who do consider themselves true Mexicans. In college many Mexicans as well true Mexicans. Bro there are stero types in every races .. just like you must live in a trailer with your 300 lb mom that wears the same moo moo everyday and had a baby with your sister does not give you the right to put down other people

If they are going to go that way, they should be fair and promote everyone else. I am Mexican American but i dont need Mexican fighters to get me to watch MMA. It doesnt matter to me if the fighter is white, black, brown, red, purple.

If Mexicans dont want to watch the UFC for what it is, its their loss. Its everyone's loss if they dont want to watch. The sport has been around in the mainstream for years.

All this talk about "All Mexicans have heart and fighting spirit" to attract the Latino audience should not be taken too seriously. I believe that having heart and fighting spirit is like skill, it is based on the individual. I have seen different men from all backgrounds show it. Just because Cain is a machine with a heart of iron doesnt mean the homeboy down the street shares the same qualities. Cain makes us proud and we should all try to be like him

Im not Mexican, but despite the majority of Mexican fighters completely flooding the BOXING scene. there has been a good number of Mexican Americans or of Mexican decent fighters in the UFC that have made a big impact.

Tito Ortiz, Ricco Rodriguez, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Cain Velasquez, Roger Huerta, Diego Sanchez, Miguel Torres (who should have been brought into the UFC in his prime) Joseph Benevidez, Dominick Cruz,

They need to bring in Eddie Alvarez and Gilbert Melendez already.

anyway, the list goes on. Mexican fighters always bring in that raw fighting style. Hope to see more of that major boxing influence start transitioning into MMA because that would be exciting to watch ALWAYS!

Gotta mention the 1st UFC LHW Champ (historically the glamour weight-class of the sport)...
Frank Shamrock

13_display_image.jpg

Also...
Anthony Pettis
Josh Thomson
Carlos Condit
... have Mexican ancestry.

Eddie Alvarez does not (iirc).

P.S. And it's Miguel Angel Torres.

Dude speaks spanish, has a mexican flag next to his on the tale of the tape and yes his last name is perez...all im saying is the UFC doesnt have to try so hard.

Edit: Im from SoCal and never met a perez who isnt hispanic (mexican or mexican parents) so yea, dont care about surnames and all that shit.

You're just a douche, he could be from any country.

And he's wearing the mask because he grew up watching Lucha Libre, he isn't being forced.

How ignorant can you be? You make me feel embarrassed that you are white. Please everyone. Not all of us white men are completely retarded. I am in the military and there are plenty Mexican American brothers an overwhelming number of them who do consider themselves true Mexicans. In college many Mexicans as well true Mexicans. Bro there are stero types in every races .. just like you must live in a trailer with your 300 lb mom that wears the same moo moo everyday and had a baby with your sister does not give you the right to put down other people

You sound like a bitch, hombre.

This dude is one of my favorite 135 pounders. Glad to see the UFC focusing more attention on him.

Dos Caras jr. part deux?

I'd root for him if he wore the mask in the cage, but of course Dana "No fun" White wouldn't allow it :icon_conf

You sound like a bitch, hombre.

Why because I'm not an ignorant racist hick like you? Does it make u mad a fellow white man does not buy into your retarded logic? No if anything that makes u a bitch for having fear and insecurities about other races.

Bitch.

P.s. I'm not your homie

I'm already a fan of this guy.

Why because I'm not an ignorant racist hick like you? Does it make u mad a fellow white man does not buy into your retarded logic? No if anything that makes u a bitch for having fear and insecurities about other races.

Bitch.

P.s. I'm not your homie

hombre means man, not homie.

He definitely earned it. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

Back