UFC Reaches Out To Mexican-Latino Fan Base With Erik Perez YouTube Feature

Just watched the video. Nice Blue Demon name drop. My grandpa used to wrestle with him back in the day.

Dana: We will only let you in the UFC if you wear a mask so we can market you

Yea I was wondering if a Lucha Libre mask would really have much cross over for Mexican fight fans.

Yea, doesnt do anything more to get me hyped to see him fight.

He doesnt have to have a wrestling mask for us to know hes mexican...his last name is PEREZ!

Perez is so talented, he's gonna be huge.

It would be nice to have one dominant hispanic champion. It would help ufc a lot.

He doesnt have to have a wrestling mask for us to know hes mexican...his last name is PEREZ!

He's not wearing the mask for you to know he's Mexican.

You're aware that Perez isn't a Mexican only last name, right? Oh, I'm sorry, you were saying Mexican because that's the term you use for anyone whose brown and has a Spanish surname. Please change your handle to LEXTHEMORON, you're giving decent, hard working anarchists a bad name.

You're aware that Perez isn't a Mexican only last name, right? Oh, I'm sorry, you were saying Mexican because that's the term you use for anyone whose brown and has a Spanish surname. Please change your handle to LEXTHEMORON, you're giving decent, hard working anarchists a bad name.

Sensitive much?

Dude speaks spanish, has a mexican flag next to his on the tale of the tape and yes his last name is perez...all im saying is the UFC doesnt have to try so hard.

Edit: Im from SoCal and never met a perez who isnt hispanic (mexican or mexican parents) so yea, dont care about surnames and all that shit.

Dude speaks spanish, has a mexican flag next to his on the tale of the tape and yes his last name is perez...all im saying is the UFC doesnt have to try so hard.
It's called promotion. It's kind of their job.

Sensitive much?

Not particularly, I understand if the tone seems bitchy in text but if it was speech you would understand how unrustled my jimmies are. I could always add, "I said sardonically with my right hand on the table supporting my face, shaking it at the laptop in whimsical disbelief" but that would be downright annoying to do all the time.

Edit: Im from SoCal and never met a perez who isnt hispanic (mexican or mexican parents) so yea, dont care about surnames and all that shit.

/facepalm. Did you even watch the video? You just proved the point of the guy who told you he isn't wearing the mask to let you know he's Mexican. I'm downgrading you to LEXWHONEEDSADULTSUPERVISION.

Guess they'll need a new Mexican to promote after JDS is finished with Cain.

Im not Mexican, but despite the majority of Mexican fighters completely flooding the BOXING scene. there has been a good number of Mexican Americans or of Mexican decent fighters in the UFC that have made a big impact.

Tito Ortiz, Ricco Rodriguez, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Cain Velasquez, Roger Huerta, Diego Sanchez, Miguel Torres (who should have been brought into the UFC in his prime) Joseph Benevidez, Dominick Cruz,

They need to bring in Eddie Alvarez and Gilbert Melendez already.

anyway, the list goes on. Mexican fighters always bring in that raw fighting style. Hope to see more of that major boxing influence start transitioning into MMA because that would be exciting to watch ALWAYS!

c33t.jpg

XhBs5.gif

Brock Lesnar also did some little known Hispanic outreach stuff. He's actually a very cultured guy, once you get past the tough guy persona.

Im not Mexican, but despite the majority of Mexican fighters completely flooding the BOXING scene. there has been a good number of Mexican Americans or of Mexican decent fighters in the UFC that have made a big impact.

Tito Ortiz, Ricco Rodriguez, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Cain Velasquez, Roger Huerta, Diego Sanchez, Miguel Torres (who should have been brought into the UFC in his prime) Joseph Benevidez, Dominick Cruz,

They need to bring in Eddie Alvarez and Gilbert Melendez already.

anyway, the list goes on. Mexican fighters always bring in that raw fighting style. Hope to see more of that major boxing influence start transitioning into MMA because that would be exciting to watch ALWAYS!

The ufc didn't even have a bw division so how would they of brought Torres over in his prime?

Also a Mexican-American is not a true Mexican. Mexicans are huge fight fans so if the Ufc could truly break into that market it would be huge for the company.

Back