UFC production is mindnumbing: Commentary for Till - Brunson..

wildchild88

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Can't they provide commentary that actually adds to the enjoyment of the fight.. rather than ramming a narrative down our throats every time?

In the fight, ALL of the commentary was focused around Till.. 'let's see how Till will react to this' 'Till needs to do this' 'Nice hands by Till'.. even though he was getting beaten over the whole fight...!!

It's just corny, and patronising.. I've been turning off commentary recently, this was the last time.. it's just that bad.

It's obvious that the UFC want to make money from flamboyant / marketable fighters.. but they make it way too obvious. They don't do this in other sports, not even in boxing to the same degree..

It's very rare that I notice the commentary as a negative, to be honest.

I don't what the secret is, but watch the fights? With no need to rely on the commentary team, I don't really notice them in the middle of a round.

Just me?

dy6y4e-jpg.877870

<mma4>

It's very rare that I notice the commentary as a negative, to be honest.

I don't what the secret is, but watch the fights? With no need to rely on the commentary team, I don't really notice them in the middle of a round.

Just me?

Thats using rational thinking. We don’t do that around these parts.

It was one of the worst ever, clear agenda in pretty much every fight, where they shouted and screamed when one fighter did anything and talked that same fighter up when they were getting hit/inactive.

It feels artificial and is way too obvious to achieve the desired result. If anything it makes me doubt the fighters that they desperately try to promote.

Can't they provide commentary that actually adds to the enjoyment of the fight.. rather than ramming a narrative down our throats every time?

In the fight, ALL of the commentary was focused around Till.. 'let's see how Till will react to this' 'Till needs to do this' 'Nice hands by Till'.. even though he was getting beaten over the whole fight...!!

It's just corny, and patronising.. I've been turning off commentary recently, this was the last time.. it's just that bad.

It's obvious that the UFC want to make money from flamboyant / marketable fighters.. but they make it way too obvious. They don't do this in other sports, not even in boxing to the same degree..
They did it for every Brit on the card, just like they do on every other card.

Till is viewed by the UFC as the next UK great white hope so the commentary were just incredibly biased towards Till

Had Till won he would have got the next title shot against Izzy

Till is viewed by the UFC as the next UK great white hope so the commentary were just incredibly biased towards Till

Yup and that’s why people think the UFC is a joke.

some guys have 8 wins in a row and they’re not even Considered for title shots and they’re gonna throw this guy a title shot after 1 win.

The ufc really is pathetic at times

I can't remember which fight it was tonight but who remembers when Megan Olivi wouldn't shut the fuck up for literally 3 minutes uninterrupted about a backstory for one of the fighters... This isn't a soap opera, nobody fucking cares. We're trying to watch a fight.

Kevin was 9 years old...

Exactly

It was pretty funny how the second the main event started Bisping basically took over the commentary the entire first round lol. Even the wrestling exchanges where DC probably should have chimed in

They were literally saying saying good left after till missed like 3 straight 1-2 combos lol

Mostly agreed yes, but they did highlight what Till needed to do vs what Brunson needed to do: Till needed to keep the fight standing by stuffing the takedown or getting right back up and he should win without problem. Brunson needs to get the takedown and hold Till down and land GNP to win. So I didn't really see that as biased- it was just a comparison. That's exactly how the fight played out too.

Also DC was talking positive about Bruson's takedowns where Brunson gets his hands "under the butt and picks up Till and turns him away from the Octagon (fence)". They even showed the replay of Bruson's takedown and DC drew with yellow lines showing Brunson turning and taking Till away from the fence.

Yup and that’s why people think the UFC is a joke.

some guys have 8 wins in a row and they’re not even Considered for title shots and they’re gonna throw this guy a title shot after 1 win.

The ufc really is pathetic at times
It's because the current owners paid too much for the promotion and now all they want to do is toss together 'money fights' to regain their money asap.

It's because the current owners paid too much for the promotion and now all they want to do is toss together 'money fights' to regain their money asap.

I get that but it’s still pretty pathetic.

in a legit sport a guy who has 1 win doesn’t get a title shot at the champion.

Back