UFC production is mindnumbing: Commentary for Till - Brunson..

The commentary is morphing into UFC lore exposition. Promoting Liverpool fighters was our diet for the night, and they could not contain themselves at any glimmer of offense or movement from the sacred chosen. Till was getting dumped on, but there is our boy anik to bring up a random and too personal fact about someone’s life outside the cage. Brunson gets tagged, which is obviously akin to having his face destroyed by Till’s undeniable no, no really I promise it exists earth shattering power. Better prop him up despite being down every round so far. The product is just garbage. Alternative pairings don’t fair much better, either. Felder likes to tell everyone what the fighters should be doing, Cruz is top flight until he malfunctions and starts making ludicrous assertions ala Conor faking getting ground and pounded, and DC might honestly be mildly buzzed most of the time. Bisping was acceptable as he’s transparent about his bias, strangely enough.

Its morning here so i usually turn off the voice. No way im listening Bisping and Cormier for 2 hours.

We need Robin Black and his “flim flam”.

Can't they provide commentary that actually adds to the enjoyment of the fight.. rather than ramming a narrative down our throats every time?

In the fight, ALL of the commentary was focused around Till.. 'let's see how Till will react to this' 'Till needs to do this' 'Nice hands by Till'.. even though he was getting beaten over the whole fight...!!

It's just corny, and patronising.. I've been turning off commentary recently, this was the last time.. it's just that bad.

It's obvious that the UFC want to make money from flamboyant / marketable fighters.. but they make it way too obvious. They don't do this in other sports, not even in boxing to the same degree..
Marketing > Truthful real-time analysis

Honestly it's really hard to have an objective/neutral set of eyes, because each commentator is sitting at their desk with a set of expectations.

Any fighter favored will be seen as someone that will come out on top unless the octagon situation was saying otherwise.

Can't they provide commentary that actually adds to the enjoyment of the fight.. rather than ramming a narrative down our throats every time?

In the fight, ALL of the commentary was focused around Till.. 'let's see how Till will react to this' 'Till needs to do this' 'Nice hands by Till'.. even though he was getting beaten over the whole fight...!!

It's just corny, and patronising.. I've been turning off commentary recently, this was the last time.. it's just that bad.

It's obvious that the UFC want to make money from flamboyant / marketable fighters.. but they make it way too obvious. They don't do this in other sports, not even in boxing to the same degree..
Maybe it's a combination of having bad commentators, some built-in bias for the preferred fighter and just sheer incompetence.

It's not any one specific thing. Rogan did the exact opposite when he was commentating on JJ vs Andrade. He was completely enamored with Jessica like he was talking about chimps on his podcast and his co-hosts were having a hard time with him but at least they tried. If you never followed MMA before and were listening to the fight commentary you would have assumed Jessica was the 5 times champ and the one being promoted. It even included cage side coaching which is one of things I really fucking hate about all UFC color commentators and that keeps happening basically every card.

Just call the fucking fight and make it entertaining.

Live shows are so fucking different. There is no commentary to cloud your perspective and unless you are super close to the commentary booth you can't hear them.

If you never gone you wouldn't get it. Because your perspective isn't through a narrow window and nobody is trying tell you what you are seeing you pick up on all kinds of things that don't come across on TV. Things like a fighter's overall demeanor and reaction to specific things. On TV it looks like nothing has changed and they look identical from one round to the next beyond the most obvious like gasing etc. Live you notice things like they have a reaction to a punch or combination that they never displayed before in the past 15 or 20 minutes. It's very obvious but you will have people swear up and down no such thing happened because they were watching it on TV and it showed no such reaction.

I watched JJ vs Valentina live and then watched it on TV and the things I noticed live did not come across at all in the replay. I didn't imagine it. It stuck with me so hard I can recall it perfectly even now because it was so out of character for Val to respond in the way she did in one of the later rounds but it's not noticeable at all on screen.

there does seem to be a weird amount of people on sherdog who just abhor the commentators

I notice it on other sport forums, too, though. Joe Buck would be shived day 1 in jail

op the one brunson fan?
who cares.. everyone loves till. thats why

The commentary is morphing into UFC lore exposition. Promoting Liverpool fighters was our diet for the night, and they could not contain themselves at any glimmer of offense or movement from the sacred chosen. Till was getting dumped on, but there is our boy anik to bring up a random and too personal fact about someone’s life outside the cage. Brunson gets tagged, which is obviously akin to having his face destroyed by Till’s undeniable no, no really I promise it exists earth shattering power. Better prop him up despite being down every round so far. The product is just garbage. Alternative pairings don’t fair much better, either. Felder likes to tell everyone what the fighters should be doing, Cruz is top flight until he malfunctions and starts making ludicrous assertions ala Conor faking getting ground and pounded, and DC might honestly be mildly buzzed most of the time. Bisping was acceptable as he’s transparent about his bias, strangely enough.

Yep, they are all pretty bad..

They do like Till and brush Brunson aside for so long, but he keeps on winning and that's all that matters...IMO...Till and Gastelum has no place in MW...

I just can’t get excited for the fight when I have to hear Brendan Fitzgerald and bisbing together.

DC is honestly a weak fucking commentator. Hed be great to have up there as an analyst, he would be one of the best for that role.

Its called bias. Joe Rogan was talking the same shit about Max in his second Alex fight. Alex was hitting air the whole fight and Joe was so impressed by it, it even led 35% of the sherdoggers to believe Max won that fight.

Perhaps to some degree, but I think the reason Till had more of a focus was because stuff was being done to him and the commentators were relaying what Till needed to do to make the fight competitive to the audience. For Brunson, it was just a 'Charlie Mike.'(i.e, continue mission).'

Its called bias. Joe Rogan was talking the same shit about Max in his second Alex fight. Alex was hitting air the whole fight and Joe was so impressed by it, it even led 35% of the sherdoggers to believe Max won that fight.
I don’t remember him bring really that biased

It's because the current owners paid too much for the promotion and now all they want to do is toss together 'money fights' to regain their money asap.
Pretty much this.

It's just increasingly transparent which fighter the commentators are advised to "root for". DC / Rogan are basically following a script, more or less. & Herb Dean receives the same script for the big fights.....

Now Till has lost 4 of his last 5 ..... the UFC will probably switch to Pimblett as their new 'most heavily promoted UK fighter'.

Back