UFC/Pride Lightweight Champions with least-to-most Top 10 ranked wins at Lightweight.

Healy was ranked #10 when Khabib fought him

t7O36XX.png

Some of those ranks are questionable btw. How was Chandler #4 when Alvarez fought him?
His rank came from beating Alvarez.

I could've sworn Hermes Franca was in the top 10 when Frankie beat him? I could be wrong though.
Franca was #22 at the time; likely due to him being inactive for over a year, which was enough time for him to drop and others to move up. When Franca fought Sherk a year prior, he was only at #10 at the time, so he fell 12 ranks over the span of a year.

You forgot #10 Pat Healy for Khabib, would push him to the 2nd most top 10 wins on the list

View attachment 815102
Pat Healy was ranked #10 when Khabib fought him and RDA just beat #7 Paul Felder.
RDA just beat 7th ranked Felder, he needs to be updated.
Healy was ranked #10 when Khabib fought him

t7O36XX.png

Some of those ranks are questionable btw. How was Chandler #4 when Alvarez fought him?
Healy was #14 at the time.
Felder was #11 at the time.
Chandler jumped up in the rankings after he defeated Alvarez back in November of 2011.

I'm pretty sure Henderson was ranked top 10 both times he lost to Pettis.
Henderson was #14 when he first lost to Pettis.

Cerrone was top 10 both times he lost to RDA. RDA has 6 top 10 wins not 4.
Cerrone was #15 when he first lost to RDA.

Was Dunham really not ranked when Sherk beat him? I remember him being on a tear before that fight.
Dunham was #15 when he lost to Sherk.

I wouldnt be surprised if you told me Ferguson was at number 1.
Just did this for an FYI.

Ferguson's resume (based on FightMatrix):

#2 Rafael dos Anjos
#8 Kevin Lee
#6 Anthony Pettis
#4 Donald Cerrone

Ferguson has 4 top ten wins.

Gomis wins are weak
They aren't weak but for me context is key, the UFC didn't even have a LW division when Gomi racked up most of those wins so the LW's actively fighting were only in pride or at WW etc, where there was a lot less people fighting at LW back then, that's the reason most of those guys were ranked so high at the time to an extent.
And Gomis probably the weakest one, maybe next to Jens
Gomi's list looks pillowed hard
Sato was 18-4-1 and had defeated Yves Edwards by the time he fought Gomi.
Mishima was 11-1-2 when he fought Gomi and would later go on to defeat fighters like Masakazu Imanari and Marcus Aurelio.
Gracie was 6-0 and had defeated the aforementioned Mishima by the time he fought Gomi.
Pulver was 18-4-1 and the former UFC Lightweight Champion when he fought Gomi.
Kawajiri was 15-2-2 and had defeated Luiz Firmino, Vitor Ribeiro, and Yves Edwards by the time he fought Gomi and would later go on to defeat Joachim Hansen, Gesias Cavalcante, and Josh Thomson.
Sakurai was 27-6-2 and had defeated Joachim Hansen, Jens Pulver, Shinya Aoki, Takase and Azeredo (who'd both defeated Anderson Silva) by the time he fought Gomi and would later go on to defeat Shinya Aoki.
Aurelio was 14-3 and was rematching Gomi after having defeated him.
Ishida was 14-2-1 and had defeated Aurelio by the time he fought Gomi and would later go on to defeat fighters like Gilbert Melendez.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

#2 Rafael dos Anjos
#8 Kevin Lee
#6 Anthony Pettis
#4 Donald Cerrone

Mishima was 11-1-2 when he fought Gomi and would later go on to defeat fighters like Masakazu Imanari and Marcus Aurelio.
Gracie was 6-0 and had defeated the aforementioned Mishima by the time he fought Gomi.
Kawajiri was 15-2-2 and had defeated Luiz Firmino, Vitor Ribeiro, and Yves Edwards by the time he fought Gomi and would later go on to defeat Joachim Hansen, Gesias Cavalcante, and Josh Thomson.
Sakurai was 27-6-2 and had defeated Joachim Hansen, Jens Pulver, Shinya Aoki, Takase and Azeredo (who'd both defeated Anderson Silva) by the time he fought Gomi and would later go on to defeat Shinya Aoki.
Ishida was 14-2-1 and had defeated Aurelio by the time he fought Gomi and would later go on to defeat fighters like Gilbert Melendez.

Surely Barboza was ranked and maybe Castillo when they fought? Thats suprising.

#2 Rafael dos Anjos
#8 Kevin Lee
#6 Anthony Pettis
#4 Donald Cerrone

giphy.gif
Yea but they're still bums

#2 Rafael dos Anjos
#8 Kevin Lee
#6 Anthony Pettis
#4 Donald Cerrone

giphy.gif

Cans beating other cans in regards to Gomis "top" wins

I was going to complain but then I realized you are going off the shitty fightmatrix rankings.

Did Marcus Aurelio get his ranking, after beating Gomi?

Thank you for this, of course some of the names could be debated but its great that you compiled this from FightMatrix instead of your own opinion. For the newer fans, puts into context some of the resumes of the older champs

Back