UFC PPVs getting weak again?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Look, I get how the boxing model is able to pull in $70 for a huge main event but, a boxing match has a very good chance of lasting longer. (More entertainment time)

The UFC jacked the PPV $5 extra and I have no problem paying that providing that at least 3 of the main card fights are notable fighters....The next 2 UFCs are basically main event only.

I do appreciate the $5 ESPN deal for a B level main event followed by who vs. who....No problem with this setup but, when people spend $65 for potentially a 40 second main event, the prior notable fights can soften the blow.

Anyone else agree?

Cowboy vs Conor was insulting, Holm vs Pennington as the co main event ? Justin Tafa vs Juan Adams is on the main card for UFC 247...that's how bad things are becoming. The UFC are content selling a watered down product, if they sell a few hundred thousand it's still a success considering all the other avenues they are receiving finances from.

No offense, but I don't think you're the first to suggest that some PPV's are better than others, and that you're only more willing to pay full price for the better ones.

Did I capture your sentiments properly?

Fact is, that's true no matter what the price is. It is true now, was true last month, and was also before the prior increase.

USADA(less exiting fights and weak champions) + Reebok(fighters get paid less) + ESPN(expensive as hell and UFC does not release PPV buys, meaning we dont know who is a star) = UFC dead

Cowboy vs Conor was insulting, Holm vs Pennington as the co main event ? Justin Tafa vs Juan Adams is on the main card for UFC 247...that's how bad things are becoming.
There was nothing very unique about UFC 246 at all. Check out the next Jon Jones PPV.

Some PPV's are carried by 1 fighter. Others are carried by multiple fighters each with slightly (or not so slightly) less pull.

I don't understand. None of this began yesterday. Have you people been asleep the last 3, 9 or 20 years?!? Or do you just live moment to moment, retaining nothing, remembering nothing, and therefore learning nothing?

They have less and less stars, less and less prospects coming up, there’s literally nothing else to put on these cards, they try to stack 1 maaaaybe 2 a year now

They need to put AT LEAST 3 big name fights on every ppv. This next card needs a 3rd fight badly but obviously too late for that now

Excuse me sir, are you insinuating that the last card wasn’t as bad or worse with Holly Holm vs Raquel Pennington TWO as the Co-Main?

There was nothing very unique about UFC 246 at all. Check out the next Jon Jones PPV.

Some PPV's are carried by 1 fighter. Others are carried by multiple fighters each with slightly (or not so slightly) less pull.

I don't understand. None of this began yesterday. Have you people been asleep the last 3, 9 or 20 years?!? Or do you just live moment to moment, retaining nothing, remembering nothing, and therefore learning nothing?

Not all PPV's are terrible, they have the roster and finances to give fans a better product and you make no sense, I have always criticized bad cards, am I all of a sudden not allowed to and to just acccept it to become a UFC red faced goof shill ?

Things are becoming worse not just because their weak cards are continuing, it's due to the fact they are continually expanding their product and increases finances and are still delivering watered-down products.

No offense, but if you're paying for these shit fests and not using Google search Ninjitsu....

<LikeReally5>

PPVs weren't worth 42.99 back in the day and they're not worth $70 now.

Is that Charles oliveras ear?

they have been weak since 2013. lol at paying for a card

It seems like they have 2-3 shit PPV then they just randomly stack one which doesn't make much sense. 246 was pretty horrible and 247 doesn't look much better. 248 looks decent but nothing special. Then you got 249, and if the rumored Zabit vs KZ fight is booked thats must buy for me.

Sometimes I wish they'd just scrap some shitty fight night card with a good main event and just put that fight on a PPV. It could be the difference for a guy like me between buying it or not. Although, almost weekly fights is something I'll never complain about.

Do you guy's think they'll stack 250? No fights booked from what i can tell although we got a venue which is in Brazil. What kinda card do you guys expect and would like?

::shrug:: there's a lot of fights I'm excited about. Never paid for a UFC PPV in my life though, so maybe that's the difference...

Yeah it's a shame because 244 & 245 were stacked. 241, 239, 238, 235, even 236 were all very-good to good-enough.

246 & 247 are completely main event reliant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back