UFC PPVs getting weak again?

There has been maybe 5 brilliant PPV's (at least on paper) since UFC 200. In fact the only ones that really stands out to my memory are GSP v Bisping, and Jones v Santos. Compare that with 2015-16 and the quality is undeniably worse.

Do you guy's think they'll stack 250? No fights booked from what i can tell although we got a venue which is in Brazil. What kinda card do you guys expect and would like?

Cejudo vs. Aldo is the rumoured main event, so no

I stopped chasing them around, when they went to espn+ I miss most everything except what shows on my cable

Cejudo vs. Aldo is the rumoured main event, so no

Seems like a pretty big milestone so figured maybe there was a chance haha. One thing I gotta say is when a main event for a PPV is one the least marketable divisions they seem to try and stack the rest of the card. I'm gonna guess Nunes vs whoever as the co-main and some other decent ranked Brazilian fighters so that would be okay I guess. I was hoping more along the lines of ufc 200 though haha. Cejudo vs Aldo is a pretty good fight too although it should be Yan instead of Aldo.

246 and 247 are both pretty mediocre cards beyond the main events, but 248 and 249 are both amazing top to bottom.

I was under the impression that part of the ESPN deal was that the UFC received a flat payment from ESPN for each PPV. Such an arrangement takes away any incentive for the UFC to stack PPVs. Has anyone else heard this?

Damn, I miss @FrankieNYC

Look, I get how the boxing model is able to pull in $70 for a huge main event but, a boxing match has a very good chance of lasting longer. (More entertainment time)

The UFC jacked the PPV $5 extra and I have no problem paying that providing that at least 3 of the main card fights are notable fighters....The next 2 UFCs are basically main event only.

I do appreciate the $5 ESPN deal for a B level main event followed by who vs. who....No problem with this setup but, when people spend $65 for potentially a 40 second main event, the prior notable fights can soften the blow.

Anyone else agree?
ESPN raised the price by $5. The UFC didn’t.

Look, I get how the boxing model is able to pull in $70 for a huge main event but, a boxing match has a very good chance of lasting longer. (More entertainment time)

The UFC jacked the PPV $5 extra and I have no problem paying that providing that at least 3 of the main card fights are notable fighters....The next 2 UFCs are basically main event only.

I do appreciate the $5 ESPN deal for a B level main event followed by who vs. who....No problem with this setup but, when people spend $65 for potentially a 40 second main event, the prior notable fights can soften the blow.

Anyone else agree?
As Chael Sonnen would say boxing is too damn long. The boxers have an unspoken agreement that either one of them can fight for 36 minutes so to coast part of the fight. If you consider that more entertainment than I don't know what to say

They don't need to put something better under Conor because Conor sells period. Also they can't stack every card because they have too many shows. Watered down cards are a product of having a bazillion fights per year.

if you've been around this long enough....you start to realize that the UFC does what it does because they already know how the market is going to reply back what they do

And then u all make threads saying "UFC is dead" "this is my last PPV" "Im going to start watching bellator"

and they just keep moving on, getting bigger, and making more money

the end

They need to cut 10 events per year which would help fill out the cards... unfortunately ufc makes too much money to do that so they will continue to put on these shit ass cards over and over as long as they are makin money... plus now they get a flat fee on PPVs no matter what and anything over that is gravy... it is what it is

Back