UFC PPV buys in 2012 vs. previous 5 years (with numbers)

almost the same avg as 2007.

i would have thought some of the new fans during the lesnar years would have stuck around

The UFC has basically stood still for 5 years. Nice for the fastest growing sport in the world.

425,000? Come on. The exposure those two will get, anything less that 800,000 would be a failure.

Aldo/Edgar could go either way, I agree. But I think there is more interest in this fight than any either of those two have had before, just due to them both being champions at somepoint and it being billed as a superfight.

It's all speculation at this point, but I'm far more optimistic for 2013 than I was for 2012

The exposure?

Yeah, when people get exposed to them they'll say "Didn't Chael just lose to the Middleweight Champ?"

Jones vs. Sonnen is an absolute joke, he can talk trash until the sun comes home, nobody in their right mind will pay 60 bucks to watch this crap. This will be the first one I don't buy in a long time.

The exposure?

Yeah, when people get exposed to them they'll say "Didn't Chael just lose to the Middleweight Champ?"

Jones vs. Sonnen is an absolute joke, he can talk trash until the sun comes home, nobody in their right mind will pay 60 bucks to watch this crap. This will be the first one I don't buy in a long time.

Be objective about it. Whether or not he deserves the shot is irrelevant, people like to watch Sonnen talk shit and fight, he has the numbers to back this up.

Because you won't buy it doesn't mean everyone else won't. People won't think shit all about Chael getting beat, they'll just want to see the fight. If he manages to beat Jones, the re-match would be even bigger

Be objective about it. Whether or not he deserves the shot is irrelevant, people like to watch Sonnen talk shit and fight, he has the numbers to back this up.

Because you won't buy it doesn't mean everyone else won't. People won't think shit all about Chael getting beat, they'll just want to see the fight. If he manages to beat Jones, the re-match would be even bigger

People like to watch Sonnen fight? No, go back to 2009 and before Marquardt no one liked or cared about Chael. He was irrelevant, a nobody and now every WWE crossover fan hugs his nuts, and not to mention, he's a cheater. Why anyone would wanna give this guy their money is beyond me.

The guy squeaks by Michael Bisping and gets trashed by Anderson Silva, you wanna waste your money watching him fight the best fighter in the history of MMA, be my guest. I'll pass.

What?

Did you miss the Brazil stuff this year?

Did you miss the TUF ratings? Did you miss the "fight night" ratings on FX and Fuel that were way down from the similar events when on Spike?

People like to watch Sonnen fight? No, go back to 2009 and before Marquardt no one liked or cared about Chael. He was irrelevant, a nobody and now every WWE crossover fan hugs his nuts, and not to mention, he's a cheater. Why anyone would wanna give this guy their money is beyond me.

The guy squeaks by Michael Bisping and gets trashed by Anderson Silva, you wanna waste your money watching him fight the best fighter in the history of MMA, be my guest. I'll pass.

It's not 2009. He's a total different draw no than he was then. Come on

It's not 2009. He's a total different draw no than he was then. Come on

I'm aware. The only reason people care about him is because of his mouth, which he doesn't back up. His fighting style isn't anything special, takedowns followed by weak ground and pound, he hit Anderson while being jacked up on testosterone 300 times and didn't even bruise him.

Take away the steroids and the trash talk, this guy's a middle of the road nobody and Jones will retire him when they fight.

I'm aware. The only reason people care about him is because of his mouth, which he doesn't back up. His fighting style isn't anything special, takedowns followed by weak ground and pound, he hit Anderson while being jacked up on testosterone 300 times and didn't even bruise him.

Take away the steroids and the trash talk, this guy's a middle of the road nobody and Jones will retire him when they fight.

If Sonnen didn't try so hard with all his ripped off WWE antics, he would be about as popular as Jon Fitch. He has an incredibly boring style. Just shows how many MMA fans have a WWE mentality.

I think adding in the respective FOX and Spike deals would make this more even. I don't know what the Spike deal was worth, but the FOX deal is an extra $90 million revenue. You have to take into account the unbelievable amount of free shows we've had this year (I count 15), quite a few of them have been packed with stars. Draws that would have brought in higher PPV numbers had they been placed on PPV cards, but were put on FOX, FX or Fuel instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back