UFC Pay VS Boxing

There are pros and cons to both models.

Pretty much sums up my oppinion. Hard to make straight compairisons. Two different models, different sports, different businesses.

Did they have medical insurance for boxers and pay for all there own stuff like production

Did you read the link I posted? The promoter had to pay to build the damn venue itself and still managed to pay both fighters over 200 grand + 25% of the film profits. In 1921 dollars.

Orlando Salido is making $65,000 for a title fight tomorrow, on the undercard of the Timothy Bradley vs. Juan Manuel Marquez PPV. His opponent is making $100,000.

Tell me how many undercard fighters in the ufc get 3 hundred dollars or 6 hundred?

You were making the excuse of MMA being young, when boxing has had big purses for over 100 years.

Now you're talking about undercard fighters.

There are more boxers than MMA fighters period, so you have to earn the big bucks.

The UFC can have a legend, top 10 fighter, recent title contender on a prelim or undercard, which is really sad.

You were making the excuse of MMA being young, when boxing has had big purses for over 100 years.

Now you're talking about undercard fighters.

There are more boxers than MMA fighters period, so you have to earn the big bucks.

The UFC can have a legend, top 10 fighter, recent title contender on a prelim or undercard, which is really sad.

Next it'll be, "well how much did they pay the ring girls? Obviously the UFC has to pay top dollar for Arianny, which is why they only pay fighters 8 grand to show and 8 to win. LOCKER ROOM BONUSES BRO!"

Like usual when people make these stupid threads, theres a few things to think about.

The UFC is not organized the same way that any boxing event is, in boxing there is multiple promoters, in the UFC theres ONE. The UFC stable is quite large and it does pay handsomely to the people that deserve it, meaning champions with proven win streaks (look at Anderson Silva or GSP).

Boxing events arent nearly as often.

As for undercard fighters making peanuts? Who gives a shit, they're undercard fighters, you don't overpay the guys that arent a draw. These guys are on the undercard to prove themselves worthy on the main card, why would they pay these guys anything but peanuts. Payscales are fine.
These guys are signing contracts with the UFC to make the disclosed amount (if we dont even mention locker room bonuses), if these guys thought they were getting fucked then why even sign, you're in the UFC, now prove you belong and deserve more money. That's not even going into the incentive of "Of the Night" bonuses.

Money doesnt come from nowhere either, you are overestimating how much money each UFC event is making, it's a business and it needs money to grow, if it doesnt you're stuck with low level organizations that pay even less.

But hey, Dana White and the Fertittas are surely lining their pockets and scamming everyone right now.

These threads make me lol irl. Boxing is old. The ancient Roman gladiators boxed. There are drawings of boxing on the pyramids. Even today countries like China and Cuba state sponsor boxing programs hoping to win gold at the Olympics. Boxing is truly a global sport.

Boxing is a whole different level of stupid ridiculous money. Todays boxing super stars make crazy stupid money. Between PPV revenue, gate money, endorsements, and other revenues such as memorabilia, Floyd Mayther will bring in 80+ million dollars for one fight. He is the highest paid athlete in the world. Movie stars and big corporations buy out those fights in 24 hours. The average person like me and you will never sit front row at a Mayweather fight.

The UFC, I can probably get myself great seats for $200 or less. Lol The UFC is new. It doesnt attract big money like boxing does. Its not global yet like boxing. It will probably take another 100 years before MMA fighters become house hold names like Ali or Tyson.

Give MMA time to grow. Right now its silly to compare the two sports.

Back