Ufc p4p is pointless

Rankings, Hall of Fame and all that kind of stuff is just for fans who want to geek out. It's the same as baseball cards or football sticker albums or whatever. It's meaningless and doesn't actually effect anything but some fans are into it.
P4p rankings are definitely pointless, as they have no physical meaning. Divisional rankings, however, affect matchmaking, as fighters tend to avoid fighting those who are ranked beneath them and strive to fight higher ranked opponents. Divisional rankings also ultimately affect the order of title contention and, as a result, fighter pay. They are a pretty important part of the matchmaking and contract negotiation system the UFC has set up and are far from pointless. Ask any fighter if he thinks whether divisional rankings are pointless or not.

So I've been reading sherdog comments everyday for six months. Only made a few replies as of recently because I didn't think it was even letting me do that. I'm curious when/how do I become eligible to make a post of my own. Thanks
Also p4p is clearly a joke. Controversial as he is Jones not being above DC regardless of a HW title is laughable. While I think he can hang with Jones better than anyone else, having 2 losses to someone who has never lost and despite suspensions has been basically just as active, and being ranked above them is rediculous.

P4p rankings are definitely pointless, as they have no physical meaning. Divisional rankings, however, affect matchmaking, as fighters tend to avoid fighting those who are ranked beneath them and strive to fight higher ranked opponents. Divisional rankings also ultimately affect the order of title contention and, as a result, fighter pay. They are a pretty important part of the matchmaking and contract negotiation system the UFC has set up and are far from pointless. Ask any fighter if he thinks whether divisional rankings are pointless or not.
I was watching the UFC long before rankings were brought in and the matchmaking is exactly the same now as it was then. It's all decided by the promotion, if their decisions coincide with the rankings then it's a happy accident.

UFC rankings are pointless...

Boom! Done here. At least we should be.

RDA has lost 3 of his last 4 and plummeted all the way to 5th.
Meanwhile, Lucque has finished 9 of his last 10 UFC opponents and holds steady at #15.

I'll buy a good quality over quantity argument to a point. But that shit is ridiculous.
unfair but not pointless

I was watching the UFC long before rankings were brought in and the matchmaking is exactly the same now as it was then. It's all decided by the promotion, if their decisions coincide with the rankings then it's a happy accident.
Except nowadays we observe fighters specifically refusing to fight lower ranked opponents. Match making is a three player game and UFC is only one of them.

@AimedWithV .

We just disagree. I can't value wins over Magny, Tarec, Lee and Lawler, along with 3 losses; greater than I value winning 9 out of 10 UFC fights via stoppage.

Pay attention - you don't value RDA's wins over his opponents, but you value Luque's wins over opponents who you...cannot even name? You can , but still his best win is Barberena.

We agree to disagree on one specific thing: you value quantity, I value quality.

Neither of us believe the rankings mean much, and we reached that conclusion for obviously different reasons.

I actually like Sherdog rankings and consider them meaningful. Tapology has good rankings too - voice of many.
UFC rankings is what I don't see meaningful.

Totally pointless.
Dude, put this list at least 7 more times and it will still be incomplete.
You clearly have no clue about MMA, but I'm not going to be your teacher. You need to educate yourself.
I'll give you some examples - Zaromskis beat Hayato Sakurai, who not only was a top ranked fighter, but once was actually #1 P4P fighter in the world. He was top 10 when Zaromskis beat him.
Daley beat Kampmann who was on the way to WW title shot and was actually top 5 ATM.
Who else do you want? Do your homework.

You're clueless about MMA and a history of MMA. You probably haven't seen any fights and do not have a clue what is happening there. It's a pity for you to sit on sherdog for so much time and being so ignorant about MMA. You're a waste of space.

1. ALL of the fighters I mentioned were ranked.
2. Your list is a joke that shows that you're a clueless casual.
3. Nick Diaz is a great fighter with a great legacy, and no revisionist moron can change that.

<6>

Oh no! He definitely is

I love DC, but if an unco dadbod like him is A-level then the likes of Chad Mendes are A+++++ level

The talent pool depth at 205 and HW is a joke compared to 145/155/170

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Back