Ufc p4p is pointless

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Whoever is having a big fight coming up is going on p4p. Watch Dustin get remove after the khabib fight lol and Whittaker is gonna get top 5 before his fight. If Brock or Ronda ever comes back they’re instantly top 10 lol

Whoever is having a big fight coming up is going on p4p. Watch Dustin get remove after the khabib fight lol and Whittaker is gonna get top 5 before his fight. If Brock or Ronda ever comes back they’re instantly top 10 lol

UFC rankings are pointless...

UFC rankings are pointless...

Boom! Done here. At least we should be.

RDA has lost 3 of his last 4 and plummeted all the way to 5th.
Meanwhile, Lucque has finished 9 of his last 10 UFC opponents and holds steady at #15.

I'll buy a good quality over quantity argument to a point. But that shit is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Vid is kinda shitty, but the only one I found

I mean you are right but it is a fun subjective list for the fans. It's no different then the GOAT discussion.

Don't put too much stock into it.

Even the divisional rankings are flawed because they are subjective too.

I want a tournament and results based rankings system. The BCS was better then what MMA has.

RDA has lost 3 of his last 4 and plummeted all the way to 5th.
Meanwhile, Lucque has finished 9 of his last 10 UFC opponents and holds steady at #15.

I'll buy a good quality over quantity argument to a point. But that shit is ridiculous.

With this I completely disagree. This is actually a perfect example of quality over quantity.

Win-loss records on their own mean NOTHING in MMA.
RDA has a win over freaking Lawler. Luque's best win is...Barberena.
RDA is still a top 10 WW, while Luque is solid, but top 20-30

With this I completely disagree. This is actually a perfect example of quality over quantity.

Win-loss records on their own mean NOTHING in MMA.
RDA has a win over freaking Lawler. Luque's best win is...Barberena.
RDA is still a top 10 WW, while Luque is solid, but top 20-30
Lawler was in the midst of losing 3 of 4 when RDA beat him. That's his best win at WW.

Help me out here, who besides Luque can say they finished 9 of their last 10 UFC opponents? At any weight. That's only worth top 20-30 to you?

I'd bet there are fewer than 10 fighters in UFC history that have a streak where they finished 9 of 10 opponents.

Won/loss record itself may not mean much in other orgs. UFC Won/loss record over a decent sample size, That absolutely Carry's weight.

Lawler was in the midst of losing 3 of 4 when RDA beat him. That's his best win at WW.

His other wins - Magny, Saffiedine - are ALSO better than Barberena. And again, Lawler's losing streak ALSO means nothing.
Help me out here, who besides Luque can say they finished 9 of their last 10 UFC opponents? At any weight.That's only worth top 20-30 to you?
Yes. Because finishes themselves don't make your opponents better. And finish over low level opponent doesn't equal to non-finish of high-level one, for instance.

Won/loss record itself may not mean much in other orgs. UFC Won/loss record over a decent sample size, That absolutely Carry's weight.

No, it doesn't. Neither in other orgs, nor in the UFC

True. Not to mention DC is number 1 lol.

You say that as if he is not an A-level athlete

giphy.gif

@AimedWithV .

We just disagree. I can't value wins over Magny, Tarec, Lee and Lawler, along with 3 losses; greater than I value winning 9 out of 10 UFC fights via stoppage.

Neither of us believe the rankings mean much, and we reached that conclusion for obviously different reasons.

p4p means so little to them. They traded away their p4p kingpin for a one-dimensional point fighting wrestler who could talk a bit.

Rankings, Hall of Fame and all that kind of stuff is just for fans who want to geek out. It's the same as baseball cards or football sticker albums or whatever. It's meaningless and doesn't actually effect anything but some fans are into it.

MMA is pointless. Life is pointless.

Hell, sometimes even Sherdog is pointless.

You say that as if he is not an A-level athlete

giphy.gif

Oh no! He definitely is and I don't want to take anything away from him or his accomplishments. I actually am looking forward to the spring because I think that's when he will finally beat Jones.

Now what I was getting at is that he won the LHW belt when Jon was suspended which is half of the reason why he is P4P #1.

The other half is that he Knocked out the most dominant champ in UFC HW history. (based of consecutive title defenses) Which is extremely impressive!

However he had a defense against Derrick Lewis of all people which admittedly he could not help. He also chased a Brock fight... Which I just don't know if Brock could still fight at the top in '19. But that's also not his fault. That was Dana's idea. Now he's going to get the Stipe rematch which will establish his dominance over the belt for sure. It's not that I don't see him as a P4P A-Class athlete I just don't think he's number one yet. He may be. I just want to see a few things first.

I am nearly certain he will win the Stipe rematch and I believe the rumors that the next fight for him after is Jones-Cormier III at HW.

I think he would win that. In that case, I think he should be P4P #1 and seen as one of the GOATs. Definitely the HW GOAT.

Right now I rank the Top 5 as

1 - Khabib
2 - Jones
3 - Cejudo
4 - Cormier
5 - Nunes

I think that when spring 20 rolls around we will see irrefutable evidence that he is number 1.

TS just earned his Sherdog brown belt.

Good job yungone

So I've been reading sherdog comments everyday for six months. Only made a few replies as of recently because I didn't think it was even letting me do that. I'm curious when/how do I become eligible to make a post of my own. Thanks

Back