UFC Open Weight Tournament

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Of course we know this will never happen, but hypothetically, if UFC was to host an open weight tournament, who would you have as the competitors? And who do you think wins it all?

Obviously there is no need to look at anyone below MW, but at the same time I dont think it's as simply as picking just 16 of the biggest guys because it's been proven time and time again that a guy coming up from a lower weight class often does very well. That said, there are obviously limits, and as good as someone like Khabib or Holloway may be, they would not be able to compete with a HW or LHW.

Anyway, this would be my 16 competitors, essentially the 16 toughest men on earth, in no particular order...

Stipe Miocic
Brock-Lesnar-Stipe-Miocic-990209.jpg

Daniel Cormier
daniel-cormier.jpg

Fabricio Werdum
Werdum-wins.png

Yoel Romero
Yoel-Romero-1.png

Curtis Blaydes
curtis-blaydes-ufc-217-1.jpg

Junior Dos Santos
092_Mark_Hunt_vs_Junior_Dos_Santos.1369546146.0.jpg

Jon Jones
i

Alexey Oleinik
maxresdefault.jpg

Robert Whittaker
rob-whittaker_1f072pvqnvhiw1nes76zu45gc6.png

Aleksander Gustafson
gus-wins.png

Alistair Overeem
usa-today-9287238.0.jpg

Jacare Souza
041615-UFC-Media-Day-Jacare-Souza-PI-CH.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

Alexander Volkov
alexander-volkov-750.jpg

Luke Rockhold
Luke-Rockhold-Polo-Blue.jpg

Derrick Lewis
usa_today_9939640.0.jpg

Paulo Costa
oie_3eMnSBJpqCGD-696x392.jpg

I'd settle for weight class tournaments from the UFC at this point.

Too bad Hendo didn't still fight, he would fight anyone you listed.

I hope they have surprise tournaments where they do the selection the night before or something. Just have 8 guys and they draw the lotto of who matches up with who. They are all training but don't know the opponent.

remove Whittaker and Rockhold and put in Cirkunov and Reyes. actually a 32man bracket would be epic

Model 3 from the bottom is sexy.

EDIT**
Meant 2 not 3.

Add Oezdemir and Tuivasa to that list, and i guess the winner is determined by the matchups and if Jones gets caught by USADA or not...

Back