Anthony Pettis (c) vs Josh Thomson
Urijah Faber vs Michael McDonald
Carlos Condit vs Matt Brown
Chad Mendes vs Nik Lentz
Scott Jorgensen vs. Ian McCall
Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig
Danny Castillo vs. Edson Barboza
Court McGee vs Kelvin Gastelum

Good picks mate. Though I hope Lauzon can get the W, it's been rough for him lately.

It's backlash because poeple on here whinge about EVERYTHING.

You are on an MMA fansite complaining that there will be an hour extra MMA, of course you're going to cop some stick.

I believe the sport is at the stage where 2 hours is just fine. It doesn't need that extra exposure. We get plenty of events a month, seems like we get 2 a month nowadays. As the saying goes, sometimes, less is more.

Can't wait for Ian McCall to get his retarded mustache knocked off his face by Scotty.

Couldn't UFC give a bigger name than McGee to KG? It's like taking a step backwards.

J Thompson is going to have his hands full with Pettis but I know he can get the UD if not a KO...

Can't wait for Ian McCall to get his retarded mustache knocked off his face by Scotty.

Couldn't UFC give a bigger name than McGee to KG? It's like taking a step backwards.

J Thompson is going to have his hands full with Pettis but I know he can get the UD if not a KO...

McGee is pretty good and has great cahdio.

Another 3 hour event? I think it's overkill imho.

...never thought Id see someone complaining about too many good fights on an event on Sherdog... live and learn I guess.

I bet if it was 12 hours long, you would sit and watch every minute of it, hu?

If it was 12 hours of fights of this quality hell yes. Get friends over, couple of cases of beer, good food and make a day of it. Would be badass :)

If it was 12 hours of fights of this quality hell yes. Get friends over, couple of cases of beer, good food and make a day of it. Would be badass :)

Some people don't have friends obviously, or budz, i can do without friends with green.

I think this card looks great, but I do agree that this is getting to be overkill. There is a UFC card just about every week now and to me the fight game is not like these seasonal sports. There is no build up or any personalities to me anymore. I'm not saying this should turn into professional wrestling, but sometimes the public needs a break so they have something to look forward to. This is just my opinion of course, but I liked it better when there was only 1 event per month and a fight night thrown in every so often. This is why I only buy certain boxing ppvs, and now it's getting to that point with the UFC. Thoughts?

theres a ppv just about once a month, the other stuff is free. ufc putting up more free stuff is a good thing.

After a year where PPV numbers not involving GSP, Jones or Silva have been horrendous the UFC is really pulling out all the stops with their fall cards whether PPV or Free. Free cards help establish fighters for PPV because if someone becomes a fan of a fighter watching a free fight they can buy the PPV later.

Hmm, no... I live under the PST, so if it starts at 5, ends at 8, no probs. 3 hours is just too much, 2 hours should be the max, put on 4-5 fights, and throw the rest on Facebook.

You sound like a vergina.

I believe the sport is at the stage where 2 hours is just fine. It doesn't need that extra exposure. We get plenty of events a month, seems like we get 2 a month nowadays. As the saying goes, sometimes, less is more.

I can't imagine you'd be a fan of NFL games, NHL playoff games, nor Quintin Tarantino flicks either so your opinion is soundly disqualified, MMA aside.

awesome!
the whole rest of the year looks so amazing

what do you mean by that?

I think when it comes to "exposure" for the fans, most will enjoy being exposed to 3 hours of great fights instead of 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back