UFC on Fox 5 is one of the most unpredictable in a while

Tabarnakos

Ghoul Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Bendo vs Diaz - Could go either way
Rory vs Penn - Could go either way
Shogun vs Gus - Could go either way

Now of course that doesn't mean that we won't see any domination or flash KO and of course everyone still has a favorite but when you look at it every fighter has it's merits and a chance to beat the other. This is as balanced as a card you can get.

Yeah, it's a damn good card. Too bad no one will watch it because there are no HWs.

I think Rory/Penn and Shogun/Gus are kinda obvious wins for Rory and Gus but Bendo/Diaz is almost impossible to call. I personally think Bendo's combination of wrestling and striking will be enough to take a decision (hence the avatar) but it's a toss-up

Not trying to jinx anything, but the reason it's more competitive than recent cards is becaues their wasn't any fill ins on the main card.

It has a couple of huge fights where an old legend is a surprising underdog. But the two rising stars are legitimately talented.

Bones took all the favs

Chael liked , Bj Penn Diaz and Gus

Im pretty good at bettting on fights, and yes this is the hardest event for me in a while

But how can u not throw money on all these dogs... Shogun Bj Diaz. all 2"1 dogs or MORE. BJ pays 3.2 ur wager on my site

Im truly thinking

BJ will beat Rory

Gus will UD Shogun (pulling for Shogun KO, like Gus 2 tho)

and i think Diaz is abad matchup for Benson... cant fukin wait . looking forward to this card more then most PPVS

Definitely, you can make a convincing case for all 6 guys winning.

Awesome card...can't believe it's free.

It has a couple of huge fights where an old legend is a surprising underdog. But the two rising stars are legitimately talented.

Yeah, I think the Shogun fight is fascinating, it is a huge test to see if Gus is really what some people think he is. Fans totally counting out Shogun, probably because the Jones fight was the first shogun fight they had ever seen, don't understand how dangerous the guy is. It is funny that people see him as old too, he is the same age as GSP.

BJ is dangerous as hell too, especially when people are telling him he s the underdog. Even against GSP the second time, it was looked at as a very competitive fight. BJ struggles to get motivated as the frontrunner, and he has never been counted out this way before, so I am curious if Rory is really up there with GSP, or if he gets caught by a crafty vet like he did against Condit.

and the main event is a tough one to pick as well.

Not trying to jinx anything, but the reason it's more competitive than recent cards is becaues their wasn't any fill ins on the main card.

Even then, three great fights like this is old school UFC.

Diaz via submission

Penn via submission

Shogun via KO

Very predictable!

i agree the only fight i think is, swick should win. stacked card super pumped, looking forward to this card more than most this year and its FREE

yea its a great card i see bj and shogun taking out the up and comers but the diaz bendo fight is a real tough one to pick, i hope diaz can get it done though

Might as well do the entire main card. Swick and Brown COULD GO EITHER WAY.

I agree. All three are very interesting fights to say the least. Henderson vs Nate, I want Nate to win because I like him more, but the more I look at this fight the more I feel Benson wrestles his way to a UD. Really looking forward to see what Gustafsson and Shogun bring to the table. I definitely see Shogun being the aggressor in this fight and to me the outcome all depends on how Gustafsson can handle the pressure. As for Rory and BJ, this is the fight I'm most looking forward to. While all three are great fights, this is the one am baffled by the most. Although BJ has been off for quite sometime and hasn't been looking his best, I still think a ring-rusted Penn is more technical than the middling opposition Rory has faced so far in his career. That being said, Rory is a talented guy and at his age you know he's just been getting better in that gym. Come fight time, I just can't wait to see what they bring.

It's also a insanely stacked free card. The UFC on Fox events are on par with PPV's at this point. We seem to get a title fight on one of the four cards along with usually 1-2 contender fights.

rory has fought virtually no one of any note besides nate diaz and that was a close fight, BJ penn has near legendary accomplishments in bjj and mma and is still only 33 years old, about the age where Bas claimed to be in his prime.

and Rory is somehow the favorite? I rarely bet but if true i'm throwing down at least 100 bones on this. Rory has nothing on bj except size and strength. Fitch is an infinitely harder fight and BJ did pretty damn well. I think thats the most lopsided fight on the card.

in no way is rory ready for someone like bj penn. rory had better bank on him gassing out tbh

Back