• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on ESPN 7 Overeem vs Rozenstruik

Initial thought was the same, love Mitchels heart and attitude. But cardio wise he is the one that always seems tiered in third, least in all the UFC fights he had. Syles is a bit more messured and less wild. I have flipped after researching.

After rewatching Mitchells last fight with Moffett, you're right he definitely gassed in the third round. I think Sayles wins a decision. I believe he trains with Dom Cruz at Alliance MMA down in SD so his footwork will probably carry him to a W. Might hedge now.

I think Rothwell should be bigger favourite. He is coming of 3 losses but he was fighting a lot better fighters than Struve and all of them were very good boxers. Struve lost his fight with Tybura (who is not a UFC caliber) and almost lost to Rogerio De Lima (who is also not a UFC caliber in my opinion). Struve`s chin is very suspectable and doesnt have the style that causes troubles for Rothwell.
And most people think he beat Ivanov.

Can someone tell all hometown fighters? (if there is any)

Ladd is banging her coach. That must be why she is so good in top position. She practices the same thing all day. Mixing business with pleasure.
I know I'm late on this one but I couldn't help myself. I hope your logic works out.

If thats the case I should be ready to sub Khabib from my guard after spending last night under my lady right?
Or at least fish hook his asshole xD. Go for the gold start with the bronze am I right?
(at least it worked on my gf)
Jokes aside welcome to the party and best of luck on your action.

Last edited:
There's some talk about Ladd catching Yana's kicks. I don't recall Ladd actually catching any kicks before. Maybe prior to her UFC career that I'm forgetting? In any case, Ladd keeps her hands pasted to her head and when she's in boxing mode, she's REALLY concentrated on boxing. Unless she's drastically changed up her guard placement and gotten better at thinking TDs while striking, I really doubt we see Bangkok ready Ladd catching kicks and sweeping gals. Nobody should be tempted to take a -160 favorite on the premise that the fighter does something very out of character just to exploit the opponent's weakness. Not saying it's impossible, just that you can't bank on it without seeing evidence of it.

I remember rewatching every single Ladd takedown when capping the GDR fight and my takeaway was that she mainly uses bodylock takedowns. Here's what I wrote on a different board:

"She's hit a level chance double leg on Lansberg, but against Eubanks she shot from far out and airplaned the shot. Mainly prefers the bodylock takedown, which GDR has defended well in her past 4 fights. The biggest issue is that she hasn't shown an ability to close distance to grapple, relying on her slow motion forward pressure to cause girls to clinch with her. While this works against poor strikers, it's going to be difficult to handle against GDR who has the range, knows how to use it, and the footwork to preserve it."

So her path to getting it to the ground mostly runs through one of Yana's strengths, which is the clinch. Yana is a big strong 135er, and not an overweight 125'er like Eubanks. Her long legs make it harder for Ladd to hoist her up and put down. So Ladd will need to time a good TD at her hips/legs for a good chance at getting the fight to the mat. That's possible but we've only seen it once many fights ago. The last shot she took was a very weak looking shot in Rd3 against Eubanks that would've taken nodoby down. I ended up with about 1u on Yana at +160 but I'm considering now after writing all this out. Ladd has to prove that she can take the fight where she wants consistently in order for her to be a favorite against more well rounded girls. Until then I'll take the dog odds.
I think "her long legs make it harder for Ladd to hoist her up and put down" comment is pretty key and I appreciate it now thinking back to fights where grapplers have a hard time getting the taller lengthier fighter to the ground (pretty much all of Holloway's fights, Bochniak vs Woodson, Marina Rodriguez vs Tecia etc)

I think "her long legs make it harder for Ladd to hoist her up and put down" comment is pretty key and I appreciate it now thinking back to fights where grapplers have a hard time getting the taller lengthier fighter to the ground (pretty much all of Holloway's fights, Bochniak vs Woodson, Marina Rodriguez vs Tecia etc)
Sherdog and ufc has them both listed at 5’6”

tapology has them at 5’6” ladd and 5’8” for yana

ladd has fought taller opponents and has taken everyone she’s fought down except of course gdr.

she’s also finished everyone she’s fought except Eubanks

I know I'm late on this one but I couldn't help myself. I hope your logic works out.

If thats the case I should be ready to sub Khabib from my guard after spending last night under my lady right?
Or at least fish hook his asshole xD. Go for the gold start with the bronze am I right?
<Huh2>

Aspen Ladd lost a few more lbs/kgs now it went straight to her head.

Smug miss confidence. Confidence through Ignorance. Ugh. That voice. Fingernails on chalkboard. Ugh. Miss confident country girl is getting the LOSS.

Aspen Ladd lost a few more lbs/kgs now it went straight to her head.

Smug miss confidence. Confidence through Ignorance. Ugh. That voice. Fingernails on chalkboard. Ugh. Miss confident country girl is getting the LOSS.
Did she reject u or sumthing

Women weaken legs before a fight. I bet $$$$ on a 50/50 because his opponent was banging a hot model. She stayed in the hotel with him the night before the fight. I almost bet against Dan Henderson after I saw his new wife.

I bet against Chad Menendez because I saw him eating Chinese buffet food and drinking beer the day before his fight with McGregor. I said to myself - either this guy is not serious about winning or the fix is in. I won serious $$$$$ cash on that fight AND I believe Menedez took a dive.

A coach is the last person someone should be banging if their serious about your career. MMA ain't an office job.

Gianni loves the chalk on Song Yadong and likes Yana Kunitskaya if she goes above +140 again.

Women weaken legs before a fight. I bet $$$$ on a 50/50 because his opponent was banging a hot model. She stayed in the hotel with him the night before the fight. I almost bet against Dan Henderson after I saw his new wife.

I bet against Chad Menendez because I saw him eating Chinese buffet food and drinking beer the day before his fight with McGregor. I said to myself - either this guy is not serious about winning or the fix is in. I won serious $$$$$ cash on that fight AND I believe Menedez took a dive.

A coach is the last person someone should be banging if their serious about your career. MMA ain't an office job.
I believe it, can't say we have the same approach but good on ya. Id rather see a fighter fighter with a bad weight cut than a bad romance but I get it.
Seemed like ya had a little spite toward the bad Ladd but for the record I'm not a fan I believe she is one dimensional.
I agree though business and pleasure don't always blend.

Gianni loves the chalk on Song Yadong and likes Yana Kunitskaya if she goes above +140 again.

Didn't he actually win his picks in Brazil?
Tail or fade you choose!

Is anyone betting on Rothwell vs. Struve ?
I bet Rothwell with this logic, probably bigger than I should: Yes, this is two faded older heavyweights. But I don't see Ben Rothwell getting submitted like Stefan Struve's last opponent or knocked out. And Struve is terrible at winning fights where he doesn't get a stoppage, with only two decision wins in the last decade. So I like Rothwell ML at -136.

I bet Rothwell with this logic, probably bigger than I should: Yes, this is two faded older heavyweights. But I don't see Ben Rothwell getting submitted like Stefan Struve's last opponent or knocked out. And Struve is terrible at winning fights where he doesn't get a stoppage, with only two decision wins in the last decade. So I like Rothwell ML at -136.

Just for arguments sake, why do you not see Struve submitting Rothwell?

I was going to hammer Rothwell, after researching , I cant do it. Even though its Struve, he has deceptive power when he actually lands. Rocked Tybura ( I know but still ). Tybura was actually weaving his head and spamming takedowns. Rothwell will plod forward and eat shots like candy. Too scared to commit to a guy like that with my money. If I knew he would go for takedowns, sure. but not guarantee on that.

Just for arguments sake, why do you not see Struve submitting Rothwell?
I'm not really looking for an argument. Anything is possible I guess, especially if he gets stunned first. But Struve is much better at subbing lesser fighters and Rothwell is not easy to submit anyway given his own BJJ accolades and vast MMA xperience.

I'm not really looking for an argument. Anything is possible I guess, especially if he gets stunned first. But Struve is much better at subbing lesser fighters and Rothwell is not easy to submit anyway given his own BJJ accolades and vast MMA xperience.

oh I didn’t meant like an actual argument lol. Just a saying. I feel like Struve’s specialty is the arm triangle and I can see that happening pretty easily against Rothwell so I was curious why you felt so strongly that it wouldn’t happen

Back