PBP UFC on ESPN 3: N'Gannou vs. Dos Santos PBP Discussion - 6:00pm ET/3:00pm PT

this is the opposite of what you want to do against Ngannou. the power he packs on short punches when being pressured will KO anyone. just ask Cain. Stipe was able to take the shots early & broke Ngannou’s spirit. I’d love to see a rematch because I think it’s a 50/50 fight despite their first one.

Good points.

Stipe won because he stayed composed, didn't panic, and cared more about winning in the moment rather than finishing in the moment. It didn't hurt that he could take a punch, but Ngannou was dangerous from start to finish and Stipe respected that.

Everyone else (other than Lewis) come in with that nervous energy and basically hand Ngannou the winning moments. Same as most people who faced Anderson Silva. Honestly JDS was a fucking idiot and could have outlasted Ngannou's cardio and used his technique in the last 2 rounds.

The style bender guy too.

Lol hes not the champ though bro, but i hear you hes still the interim. I personally think Bobby Knucles is going to fuck him up! He is basically Kelvin gastelum with boosted stats and better skill :p

this is the opposite of what you want to do against Ngannou. the power he packs on short punches when being pressured will KO anyone. just ask Cain. Stipe was able to take the shots early & broke Ngannou’s spirit. I’d love to see a rematch because I think it’s a 50/50 fight despite their first one.

I want to see a rematch too, Stipe had a near perfect game plan & fight whereas Ngannou had a really strange fight where he swung wildly for the fence off the start and blew his gas tank in under a round. I want to see what the usual patient Ngannou can do and how Stipe will deal with that, if he can.

Yes, but I think DC beats him. Because Ngannou has nothing other than punching. If he can't land that KO before DC takes him down, its trouble for Ngannou. I'm betting DC takes him down.

I don't disagree.

Yup. He knows better.

Losing in the way he did... man, what a horrific look. No one is ever going to have faith in jds again. He could have lost in a different way and people would still love him but not now.
This is MMA. He'll show up again and do a better job and you'll have folks on here talking about him breathing a second breathe into his career. It's beautiful and silly all at the same time.

Damn those guys on sports night ESPN don't seem to like MMA.

Literally nothing has changed in a decade. I still remember Sports Center guys were covering UFC 100 almost exactly 10 years ago because it was so big at the time and the hosts were acting like they had to cover a Wrestlemania segment. I shit you not they prefaced the UFC segment with "If you're into this stuff...."

Lol hes not the champ though bro, but i hear you hes still the interim. I personally think Bobby Knucles is going to fuck him up! He is basically Kelvin gastelum with boosted stats and better skill :p
Shiiettt I can't keep up. Too many titles bro.

You get mad a wrestlers too? LOL. Pretty much an inner city baby, I take it? Liberal I'm guessing. LOL!

Maybe I grew up in a small town and was adaptable enough to move to a big city. Not sure what that has to do with liberalism or dc being the heavy weight version of Maia. But sure man you got me.

This is MMA. He'll show up again and do a better job and you'll have folks on here talking about him breathing a second breathe into his career. It's beautiful and silly all at the same time.

the people who i recognize that I respect on here are gonna know. JDS stock is at 0 and if he is capable of that people aren't going to have hope in him at least long term.

If Francis doesn't win the title in his next fight he will always be a couple of back to back KOs from being next.

Stipe and DC are bad match ups for him but all he needs is one shot. Plus he is 4 years younger than Stipe, I have a hard time believing he won't fulfill his talent.

I want to see a rematch too, Stipe had a near perfect game plan & fight whereas Ngannou had a really strange fight where he swung wildly for the fence off the start and blew his gas tank in under a round. I want to see what the usual patient Ngannou can do and how Stipe will deal with that, if he can.
Maybe Stipe has or would work on his top game. If Dc got Ngannou down he would pound him or submission.

And it will be used again IF he beats either DC or Miocic.

Give the man his respect,

These are all old men though who have been around forever

Don't act like jds is the same guy from EIGHT years ago who was knocking everyone out

Same for cain who was mauling everyone

They are both battle worn and ravaged by injury and time, that's a fact

Yeah well done to Francis beating them but they aren't the same fighters who earned their reputations

WHY THE FUCK DOES @KazDibiase HAVE TO ROLL ON YELLOWS WHEN HE IS DOING THE LORDS WORK?

Much love brotha, don’t let the gestapo bring you down

Thanks bro!

2Uea.gif

Literally nothing has changed in a decade. I still remember Sports Center guys were covering UFC 100 almost exactly 10 years ago because it was so big at the time and the hosts were acting like they had to cover a Wrestlemania segment. I shit you not they prefaced the UFC segment with "If you're into this stuff...."

Sad to hear. I didn't know Sports Center was covering MMA before the deal. I remember people at Fox Sports seriously hated MMA all together and never wanted to talk about it but were probably forced to.

Back