PBP UFC on ESPN 11: Blaydes vs. Volkov PBP Discussion: 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Part of it is the fact that blaydes likely could have ended it early when he had the energy but decided to fight super conservative gassing himself out and ending up looking like an amateur at the end of the day
Blaydes is primarily a wrestler, and Volkov is primarily a striker. That's what happens in most wrestler/grappler vs boxer/striker battles. The wrestler will usually fight conservatively and use his wrestling to get the decision win, instead of looking for the finish and risking getting caught with something. It might not be the most exciting strategy ever, but it's effective.
I just think it's a bit absurd to expect a Super-Heavyweight like Blaydes to have Kamaru Usman or Colby Covington level cardio. Curtis might not have the best cardio in the world, but again it's decent by Heavyweight standards.

there's really nobody at 125 that isn't. Valentina is technically far superior to everyone else and none of the girls at 125 have like, 1 punch KO type power. She's gone distance with Amanda 2x, not sure any punches from 125 lb girls would phase her much anyway. So, when power isn't there and she's technically better, gonna be hard to find someone to beat her.
7V9Tnko.gif

Captain Obvious strikes again. Just Kidding. That's all FACTS.

I just think it's a bit absurd to expect a Super-Heavyweight like Blaydes to have Kamaru Usman or Colby Covington level cardio. Curtis might not have the best cardio in the world, but again it's decent by Heavyweight standards.

Up until the third I had no complaints with his performance. After, I felt he needed to do more, but the onus was still on Volks to overtake and become effective. he didn't. I wouldn't have complained with more stand-ups happening which could have favored Volk. However even when such occurred it was rinse and repeat. Not pretty but gameplan executed and win registered.

Mind that I far prefer striking bouts but when you get worn out by a grappler and can't capitalize on their exhaustion well....you lose.

Up until the third I had no complaints with his performance. After, I felt he needed to do more, but the onus was still on Volks to overtake and become effective. he didn't. I wouldn't have complained with more stand-ups happening which could have favored Volk. However even when such occurred it was rinse and repeat. Not pretty but gameplan executed and win registered.

Mind that I far prefer striking bouts but when you get worn out by a grappler and can't capitalize on their exhaustion well....you lose.
Well said.

Holy shit Emmett/Burgos was so fucking good.
Loved Belal/ Good. Belal's future is bright.

Burgos is a future champ...when he polishes that D he gon be real dangerous.

Was a fun card overall. Main event was too predictable, Dana said Curtis looked dumb post fight. lol

Bonuses went to:

Emmett vs Burgos - fotn - what a war man
Jim Miller - potn - man do i feel like an asshole picking against him, HOF worthy career imo
Just Jaynes - potn - new kid on the blocked looked pretty good.

Was a fun card overall. Main event was too predictable, Dana said Curtis looked dumb post fight. lol

Bonuses went to:

Emmett vs Burgos - fotn - what a war man
Jim Miller - potn - man do i feel like an asshole picking against him, HOF worthy career imo
Just Jaynes - potn - new kid on the blocked looked pretty good.

Nice for Justin to get that 50 gran being a short notice fighter. BDOTN Biggest Disappointment Of The Night Max Rohskopf quitting on the stool, quitting on his corner, quitting on his team.

Geear main event- think Dustin took it, lots of heart from both.

Back