PBP UFC on ESPN 11: Blaydes vs. Volkov PBP Discussion: 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This boxing card coming up on ESPN... why in the fuck is a 31-1 fighter with 27 KOs facing a 13-13-1 fighter? Who the fuck sanctioned THAT???
Covid matchup, I love how one of the commentators actually said "on paper this isn't a good fight" <36>

Bwaa Hahaha.... Blaydes just called for a title shot.
DC might delay retiring if he beats Stipe just to kick his no cardio ass...lol

giphy.gif

They'll probably Bring back <CanYouSeeMeNow> or some shit instead over making that fight a 3rd time..
Or Jon Jones moves up.
Or even Mike Tyson.
LOL {<jordan} I can't even say your wrong. Circus match. Just Juice Bork back up and it will sell so many PPVs. Sad but that's an interesting Meta take.

I agree with you Krixes and I enjoyed that show. But if Not Blaydes in a world where Stipe and DC is gone who will draw interest in a Vacant HW title fight against Ngannou?

I'm down for it. Francis would wreck him again though most likely. It's a hard sell to the fans as well, but the entire HW roster is thin so why not.

He needs to learn to pace himself. He gassed out fighting a guy who was doing nothing on the ground. He won't be able to pull that off against many people at the top of the division. Still won though.
Who are these "many people" the only ones are Francis, Stipe and dc.

Pace himself? He did plenty of resting every round. He did very little with his top control.
You could see him beginning to tire out less than halfway through the fight. Sometimes he rested and other times he didn't. Yeah with Volkov on his back Blaydes threw as little as possible.

a

He's clearly one of the best HW's now. What's the issue? The amount of shade the man gets is just wrong.

Yep, he's one of the top HWs right now. And he just got a solid win. But his style is a sport killer. It's why Fitch et al were chased out a few years back and the rules were amended to give less credit to top control.

Well Volk thru less strikes (31) and couldn't stop Blyades game so maybe not too pretty but certainly not terrible.

You could see him beginning to tire out less than halfway through the fight. Sometimes he rested and other times he didn't. Yeah with Volkov on his back Blaydes threw as little as possible.

Yeah, I think he likely does so little with his top control because he knows his gas tank sucks. He's just trying to buy time and rest on top.

I'm down for it. Francis would wreck him again though most likely. It's a hard sell to the fans as well, but the entire HW roster is thin so why not.
I'm 31 so I prefer people who earned title shots getting said title shots. I loved when the ranking actually mattered and made sense. I agree even if it isn't an easy sell. Sporting wise If Stipe and Dc retire it really is the best matchup.

Who are these "many people" the only ones are Francis, Stipe and dc.
True. I think I'm underestimating Blaydes since i told myself that he was going to spend the whole fight controlling it while never really threatening Volkov.

I feel like people are being too hard on the cardio. He took down a 260 pound man 14 times. That would tire anyone out. The problem was that he had no idea what to do once he took him down. It was the technique once he gets his takedowns that’s the issue.

14 out of 25 takedowns against a man the size / stature of Volkov. That literally equals a takedown every minute.

But nope. No title shot from most fans. Smh unreal.

Blaydes vs Rozenstruik for Contender fight after Francis fights winner of DC vs Stipe.
Meanwhile Overeem 17.0 plans his revenge domination over them all.

Yeah, I think he likely does so little with his top control because he knows his gas tank sucks. He's just trying to buy time and rest on top.
He could get away with it since Volkov didn't do much off his back either.

Stfu we are hating on blaydes for having amateur cardio. He sucks , your a wrestler your supposed to have good cardio. He’s winning the stand up and catching Volkov at will and still chooses to go for takedown and than proceed to do shit with it.
Blaydes actually has decent cardio for a Heavyweight, he didn't really gas until around the 4th round. And that was only because all the takedown attempts he did. And wrestling is his bread and butter. Of course he is going to stick to that and not risk Volkov catching him with something and knocking him out.

Covid matchup, I love how one of the commentators actually said "on paper this isn't a good fight" <36>
Haha I love the honesty unlike UFC commentary who would try and bill it as an amazing and special fight and that even though the underdog is 13-13 he is elite and has world class talent

Nope. In this sports the refs should stand up fights on the ground if there's no action. The ref failed and it made for a bad fight. Top position alone is not supposed to win fights, but it was allowed to win this fight.

That's the sport.
Well arguably there’s a 10-8 round for Bladyes who clearly dominates 1-3 before gassing out. I’ll give you one stand up that should have happened. But the sport is you stop the TD, then you don’t rely on subjectivity to be stood up.

Back