• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Officials: "Conor Was Supposed to Fight @ UFC 219 But Pulled Due to Bellator Incident".

Hammer meets the nail.
vCIkQtc.gif

I've said multiple times Conor should be punished for hopping the cage and face whatever is coming his way.

But the shoving match falls on Goddard. He started a physical altercation when there wasn't one prior. Period.

stevie%20wonder.jpg

Goddard handled the situation as good as you possibly can when a spectator rushes into the cage. He did nothing wrong

Do you know what context is? I'm not an MMA referee in a cage with an obnoxious fan jumping all over one of the fighters.

You seem to be erasing a lot of context yourself here.... obnoxious fan? Lol

Cracks me up that no one else is buying this either.

Basically every McFag fanboi. Everything wrong he does gets a "perfect" explanation as to why he did it and how it makes sense. But when ANYBODY else does even 10% of what he does, it's considered rude and clowny. Like how Joanna is a sweetheart outside the cage and in interviews but if she plays it up a bit for the cameras and is intense in staredowns AND HAPPENS TO LOSE A FIGHT AS A PRO FIGHTER !!! ...then she's a bitch who deserved it. But not Conor, it's just hype and promos man!
bingo

Conor was never going to fight this year. This is just fake punishment.

You seem to be erasing a lot of context yourself here.... obnoxious fan? Lol
Was he a corner man? No. Was he an official? no. He was nothing more than a spectator at that event and if you think anything different then prove me wrong. What was his official business at this event? What right did he have to be in the cage? I can show you plenty of examples of fans getting worse punishments than a light touch to the chest for storming the area of a sporting event and it's been perfectly acceptable.

That’s some crazy lengths Conor is willing to go through to avoid defending/fighting Tony lol.
Baby excuse tops all IMO. That so was pathetic after he stepped over Khabib then ran for 6 months blaming it on a baby.

I guess I'm not surprised this is a guy who competed with single moms and orphans for welfare.

Conor was never going to fight this year. This is just fake punishment.
Just a thought but if he's not going to fight because of this shouldn't he be stripped of his title?

What a punishment!

Conor won't get paid until at least UFC 220 :eek:

It's fucking laughable that there are posters dumb enough trying to rationalize what Conor did as being right, and that Goddard did something wrong. Goddard didn't try to pick a fight with Conor... he was trying to control the situation because that's his fucking job. It was Conor that was both out of line and out of control. Anyone that thinks Conor's actions were okay or justified is an idiot, plain and simple.

The way this reads (in my opinion) is that Mazzuli approached the UFC to see what they were going to do about the incident, and the UFC trying to cover their asses made up some charade as if they willingly pulled him from the UFC 219 card as punishment for it. I'm not convinced that Mazzuli is as dumb as the UFC seems to think he is, and poking the bear isn't necessarily a wise idea at this point. People don't like to be made to feel stupid.

I don't think this will satisfy Mazzuli, nor do I think he's going to let this incident slide. Just because this incident occurred overseas doesn't mean the varying commissions are powerless to implement or enforce any penalties or punishments. The UFC can either get on board or pay a price as well.

Last edited:
Enough is enough: strip him of his belt. He’ll do what he has to return, assuming he’s actually interested and serious about fighting. I want a champ that’s going to show up and defend, not stagnation and these diva fighters that think they’re too cool for school.

Back