UFC needs a new hero

That means he has one foot in the door. As long as his fights are exciting, he will have a place in the UFC, win or lose. Look at Matt Brown, he has 12-11 and UFC kept him until retirement. Why? Because he put on a show every time! Gaethje isn't going anywhere.
Sure but those were his words not mine. He himself came out and said I’m retiring in X more fights. Saying I’m going to retire in X fights is textbook definition of 1 foot out the door. I don’t remember the number but it was small and wasn’t this a thread about carrying the org for a meaningful period of time to come? Saying your close to retirement hardly qualifies u as the person who’s gonna be the hero to carry the torch into the future and beyond

Honestly, it's Ben Askren.

Most hero story arcs have a big moment of failure along the way, which would obviously be the Masvidal fight.

No doubt, he's coming for redemption and to save us from Dana White and dumb-dumb fighters like Marty and the Virgin.

Sure but those were his words not mine. He himself came out and said I’m retiring in X more fights. Saying I’m going to retire in X fights is textbook definition of 1 foot out the door. I don’t remember the number but it was small and wasn’t this a thread about carrying the org for a meaningful period of time to come? Saying your close to retirement hardly qualifies u as the person who’s gonna be the hero to carry the torch into the future and beyond
I guess I didn't hear him say that. If he gets a title shot and wins though, I seriously doubt he will retire anytime soon, or at least until he loses. Heck, he will finally be making some serious money for the first time in his career. He could be MMA's Rocky Balboa. I guess we will just have to wait and see.:D

Costa may probably the Hero Brazil is waiting for, same as Whittaker for Australia and Adesanya for New Zealand.

Back