UFC Missed The Boat With Cyborg

the woman quit her test cut to 135? how did the UFC "miss the boat?"

the boat didn't even sail? it sat in the harbor and pigged out on protein bars and acai FFS

13903800464_9ddc097d36_b.jpg

anyone that legitimately thought the WOMAN on the right was making 135 is fooling themselves

Who cares. She hasn't competed in MMA and lost her last fight. Ronda would own her period. Cyborg could of cut to 135 and fought in the UFC but couldn't pass the piss test (standing up I am sure)

13903800464_9ddc097d36_b.jpg
anyone that legitimately thought the WOMAN on the right was making 135 is fooling themselves

She's basically the same size as Holly Holm, and Holm fought around 140-154 while boxing. To suggest it's impossible for Cyborg to make 135 is laughable.

She's basically the same size as Holly Holm, and Holm fought around 140-154 while boxing. To suggest it's impossible for Cyborg to make 135 is laughable. What's another 10 lbs when you see stuff like Rumble making 170? Fuck, I'm sure Cormier had to cut more to make 205 than Cyborg would to make 135.

Even cyborgs docs advised against cutting to 135. Her frame is just to big. Cormier and rumble had a fair bit of fat they could cut so completely different

They just want her to lose to Rousey. That's it. They don't care if they need to starve her to make that happen.

at any weight class, Ronda takes it.

Ronda should champ up & just fight at the 145 weight she was at when she earned her title shot but decided to take it at 135 instead...

Ronda should champ up & just fight at the 145 weight she was at when she earned her title shot but decided to take it at 135 instead...

R3 test cut to 125 and made it before strikeforce buyout.

Cris is a 160 lbs monster.

God bless her, but she aint making 135.

So you're assuming

1 - she would fight ronda in her first fight (ever heard of a warm up fight?)

2 - she can't make 135 (ever heard of nutella?)

3 - she can't fight anymore (ever heard of dominic cruz?)

Hasn't she not competed because she's been injured?

Have you seen her latest pics? Cyborgasm.

Even cyborgs docs advised against cutting to 135. Her frame is just to big.
It's her muscles that are just too big, not her frame. The muscles didn't magically shrivel up because she was caught doing steroids. Even if she's actually stopped, people can lose significant mass when they stop, but it's far from a sure thing or even the usual thing for someone in good enough health to keep up something close to their old gym routine. If Cyborg drops some of the muscle mass she put on against the rules then she won't have any trouble cutting to 135. But if she did that then she wouldn't have much of a chance against Rousey, so what's the point?

On and on we go talking about this steroid-freak... I personally think she's more of a WWE (or even American Gladiators rehash?) candidate.

Cyborg, please just go away, you are scaring the children.

War Ronda.

Who cares. She hasn't competed in MMA and lost her last fight. Ronda would own her period. Cyborg could of cut to 135 and fought in the UFC but couldn't pass the piss test (standing up I am sure)

Her last fight wasn't a MMA fight.

Ronda lost many judo fights, what's your point?

R3 test cut to 125 and made it before strikeforce buyout.

Goddamn.

Really?

That's a Barao weight cut and cutting is SUPPOSED to be harder for women.

Ronda is officially superhuman.

It's a good move by the UFC and a bad move for MMA fans. IT is just like Mayweather vs Pacman, now the fight severely lacks the implications it once had. Wait until Cyborg has aged, will be completely depleted at 135 and then bring her in. If the fight happened when it should have, R3 would have lost and Zuffa would be out millions of dollars.

If fighters like Silva, GSP, Rousey and McGregor win, it is good for the UFC. They have invested millions upon millions into the development of their brands and a loss would result in millions of MMA 'fans" thinking they suck and losing millions of dollars. Cyborg is not nearly as marketable and they would have to re-invent Rousey after such a devastating loss.

I think it's pretty clear that the UFC protects certain fighters. I honestly think its inarguable. That being said, I think the UFC didn't want Cyborg vs. Ronda (Ronda really needs a nickname, eh?) until now.

Back