UFC *might not be bigger than soccer, but is better

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Espresso, Jun 20, 2018.

1. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

It isnt. Its just drunk fans at the venue. Americans boo weidman for beating anderson. Fedor cheered in america against coleman etc

2. Katsumi Yamada

Katsumi Yamada Silver Belt

Britain? Are you talking about England??
    What foreigners are you talking about? I checked and the only foreign born player in the England squad is Sterling and he's been in England since the age of 5.

Wrongest post of the day. Congratulations.

3. Franklin U.

Franklin U. Gold Belt

I watched soccer last week in my own living room without a T.V.

Yes , I painted and watched my paint dry.
    Very uneventful and it's hard to believe that this sport is so popular outside the U.S.

4. Revolver

Revolver you sound poor Staff Member Senior Moderator

If I ever wanted to watch low skilled athletes who get paid peanuts I’d watch the pseudo sport know as mma.

5. 613

613 Silver Belt

You are not "edgy" you are probably just a loser. A lot of MMA fans found MMA because it made them feel tough.

6. egg so skeleton

egg so skeleton Orange Belt

That could've been true to an extent when I first started watching MMA about 9 years ago. I don't recall thinking that it made me feel tough at the time, but I'll concede that it could've made me feel a certain type of way on a subconscious level.

If that were the primary reason, I don't think I'd still be following MMA after all this time, and I don't think I'd feel so unilaterally bored by sportsball games just because one particular subset of other sports makes me feel tough. I think it's actually because sportsball bores me. You can say that it bores me comparatively because it doesn't make me feel "tough" like combat sports could, except that I'd rather watch re-runs of a sitcom than watch soccer.

Nowadays the only real justification I can muster is that I just don't feel like I'm being engaged mentally watching games that have no application to my everyday life. I can take boxing or jiu-jitsu classes, I can find myself in situations that require me to swim, jump, and run. I don't find myself thrust into situations against my will where I have to kick a soccer ball around.

I understand that most people don't feel the same way about it, and that's perfectly fine.

7. DangDaGawd

DangDaGawd Defender of Rational Thought

UFC is garbage.

8. Graves

Graves ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

McUFC needs to bring back the McRibs

9. Chris Partlow

Chris Partlow This is disgusting

Soccer is gay but it’s much better than mma. Shows how poor that is if anything

Shocker that Dana’s “mma will be bigger than the NFL and soccer” statement years ago hasn’t happened yet. Maybe someday....

Da Speeit and UVee like this.
  10. TribalDrumz

TribalDrumz Brown Belt

PRIDE FC was awesome... UFC is tatooed wannabe cage fighter Affliction bros mostly. That culture is terrible and glad it died down a little. During the tito ortiz, chuck liddel days it was out of control..

11. Nooob

Nooob Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

The biggest reason is the American culture, they like violence and are entertained by it. They wet their pants watching men in medieval armour bumping each other, Nascar cars crashing each other and beating each other in the ring. It’s no coincidence that the overwhelming majority of the “extreme sport” fanbase are Americans.

Meanwhile, football is embedded in 80% of the world’s culture. There’s a reason why it’s dubbed as the “beautiful game” sport because cultures all over the world comes in and play in harmony. Football is accessible to anyone and gives hope to millions and brings people together like nothing else in sports. Like nothing else in the world. A single goal has a value and significance unlike other ball sports. It’s played by the brains.

Americans needs let go of this, nothing can beat football. It’s a global sport. The biggest and the most popular sport in the world.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Merack likes this.
  12. manlyseaeagle

manlyseaeagle Blue Belt

But the problem with Football is that it wants to take over and be the number one sport in countries which Soccer is not number one like USA, Canada, Australia and Ireland etc

13. Da Speeit

Da Speeit CANCEROUS POSTER Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    uh playing soccer. Sorry you never got picked in PE, some of us are actually athletic and like to do cool shit with our bodies

Also, you're never going to be in a fistfight so don't worry about the practicality of the exercise. Also I would tap you in less than 15 seconds and then score a PK on you. It's not either or.

14. egg so skeleton

I'll most likely never be in a street fight in my adult life. You aren't in error.

Part of the reason for that is going to be because I don't make a habit out of being condescending to people because they think my favourite sport is boring. I also don't make weird assumptions about tapping an anonymous person in less than 15 seconds because they think my favourite sport is boring. I appreciate that you have multiple talents though.

Thanks for your input, Troll of the Morning™.

15. Da Speeit

Da Speeit CANCEROUS POSTER Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    It's not an assumption. I will grab your leg, pull you into single x, hip to the inside of your knee, you will fall and i will lock your leg in roughly 13 seconds.

16. egg so skeleton

Does PETA know that you practice that on your dog with a stopwatch next to you?

17. BigDickRick

BigDickRick Black Belt

{<jordan}

Deffid likes this.
  18. Graves

Graves ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

lol, that's right up there with him saying emphatically some years ago UFC would NEVER have female fights.
    ha, chicks routinely headline events now. Dumb Dana.

Deffid and Chris Partlow like this.
  19. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

The UFC has become a joke tbh. It started with them overhyping faaaaaaaaaaaaar too many fighters as the ATG, and then oversaturating the market. Then you add in the fact that so many cant make weight, cant stay healthy, cant pass a drug test etc and its just a mess. I dont really care what anyone makes in their profession, but they need to start paying more and raise the stakes to get some legitimacy into it.

kuromusha, Deffid and Rimbaud82 like this.
  20. Jimmy McGill

Jimmy McGill Banned Banned

reading your posts in this thread, i'd say you'd be doing well if your IQ made it into double digits.