UFC made the worst HW match ups possible

MachidaNo1Fan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Great job again Joe Silva.

Worst match ups At HW , and you made them.

Rothwell vs Miocic - Boring
Cain vs Werdum 2 - Really?
Mir vs Arlovski - Really.

With this, you can get the worst situation possible. Cain could beat Werdum, injure himself for 3 years, Rothwell could beat Miocic for title shot, and if Mir beats Arlovski? Lol. There goes another contender.

Without a doubt, should've been :
Arlovski vs Werdum
Stipe vs Cain
And Rothwell vs Mir or something.
HW got even worse ladies and gentlemen.

Given their screwup of making Cain vs Werdum, then if that's in place, the remaining matchups are okay under the circumstances.

Thing is, that shouldn't be the case since Cain shouldn't be getting the title shot.

I agree. It's rare that an announced match actually pisses me off but this one does.

i have to agree here.

they really f*cked up this time but i expected this all along.
so many possible fresh contenders and here we have another rematch....

Mir vs Arlovski is years in the making and after their recent resurgence, this bout is on! I'm excited. Cain vs Werdum.... I agree.. Dull... Werdum worked him. JDS or Miocic deserved the title shot. Cain got worked. Miocic will just plow through Rothwell.

Stipe vs Rothwell is the correct fight to make

Should have been

Velasquez vs Browne in Denver
Werdum vs Arlowski
JDS vs Reem

So far Joe Silva has dropped the ball on this one.

Mir vs Arlovski is years in the making and after their recent resurgence, this bout is on! I'm excited. Cain vs Werdum.... I agree.. Dull... Werdum worked him. JDS or Miocic deserved the title shot. Cain got worked. Miocic will just plow through Rothwell.

Wtf kind of resurgence did Mir have ... lol. Arlovski is on the only good streak at HW and has the tools to make Werdum a good fight. Everyone wanted Arlovski

I disagree I feel Mir Rothwell would be good, both fighting for relevance and arlovski stipe is good and a fun match. Get the inevitable cain rematch done with before he's hurt again. And if cain wins, hey, that's an exciting trilogy. It's a great style match up.

If Cain deserves a rematch, just how bad would you have to get that ass beat NOT to get one?

dc375aeff31f8fa3223c30eff7058716_crop_north.jpg

I disagree I feel Mir Rothwell would be good, both fighting for relevance and arlovski stipe is good and a fun match. Get the inevitable cain rematch done with before he's hurt again. And if cain wins, hey, that's an exciting trilogy. It's a great style match up.

Get the Cain rematch done before he gets hurt? If his injury is so inevitable (and I agree it probably is) that's all the more reason not to have him possibly as champion holding up the line again.

They had the good sense to get some fresh blood in there with Condit at WW.

Wtf kind of resurgence did Mir have ... lol. Arlovski is on the only good streak at HW and has the tools to make Werdum a good fight. Everyone wanted Arlovski
2 first round knockouts in a row isn't bad.

Cain has been in every HW title fight bar one, since October 23, 2010.

i'd want to watch everything except cain/werdum again just cause cain should fight somebody before getting another shot.

def want to see mir get KTFO and i'm interested in seeing just how good rothwell is

Cain has been in every HW title fight bar one, since October 23, 2010.

he's fought three guys for the last five years and has lost to two of them. maybe cain will viciously kill werdum in the next fight and then again in the trilogy to happen in 2018

They're bad.

Cain gets yet another rematch. What do we get after this if Cain wins? Cain JDS 4? Horrible. How are we expected to keep buying the same fights over and over?

Remember Cain v Ben, the only HW match ever that was stopped out of boredom and futility? Stipe will likely follow the same gameplan. Yay.

Then they're risking Andrei's title-run on a "meh" fight with Frank Mir. If Frank wins what then? Another contender dusted. More rematches for whoever is champ.

Agreed TS, these were the worst possible matchups to make at HW. Its like Joe is trolling the division as a whole.

/barf

They're bad.

Cain gets yet another rematch. What do we get after this if Cain wins? Cain JDS 4? Horrible. How are we expected to keep buying the same fights over and over?

Remember Cain v Ben, the only HW match ever that was stopped out of boredom and futility? Stipe will likely follow the same gameplan. Yay.

Then they're risking Andrei's title-run on a "meh" fight with Frank Mir. If Frank wins what then? Another contender dusted. More rematches for whoever is champ.

Agreed TS, these were the worst possible matchups to make at HW. Its like Joe is trolling the division as a whole.

if arlovski gets dusted by mir than he shouldn't be fighting for the belt.

i think rothwell has improved but agree that if stipe wins, people will just say rothwell sucks (even though he's quietly been owning his fights)

Hope they sell 1,000 ppv buys on that card

well, at least JDS/Reem is apparently finally happening

Back