• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC is low-balling Cyborg. Cyborg cancels Holm fight negotiations.

Agreed.

And then when a fighter gives in to the lowball contracts, fans are always the first to say “well it’s their fault they signed the contract!”.
Yup. People don't seem to get that the only way you'll ever get ANY company to pay you what you're worth is by forcing their hand.

Yup. People don't seem to get that the only way you'll ever get ANY company to pay you what you're worth is by forcing their hand.
It's like, how do people know what a fighter's really worth? From the UFC telling the fans how much THEY think their fighters are worth??

It's a joke how much and how long they've been lowballing their fighters. These are professional athletes that don't get paid nearly as much as other professional athletes. But we, as fans, are supposed to sit here and believe the UFC over the fighters, after decades the fighters are still being underpaid, it's nonsense. Even conor is underpaid and has to negotiate.

Last edited:
I don't blame her for holding out, it makes sense... but I am not sure it will matter much.

The question here is does she have any leverage? Does Cyborg move PPV numbers? By adding her to a card, will it sell more?

Tough to say, I don't think there is a more compelling WMMA matchup than Holm vs Cyborg, so if there was a point either of these two fighters had any leverage, it would be for each other.

Will be interesting to see, but funny how the UFC is choosing to play hardball...

Just get rid of her and her comedy belt.

I mean, I don't blame her (or any fighter) for trying to get more money, but she's a constant pain in the ass and the division is a joke.

It's because nobody wants to or will pay to see you fight Cyroid.

I don't feel like Cyborg accomplished enough to warrant acting like a diva. Let Holly KTFO flabby soccer moms left and right and pay her like lowballed Cyborg then.
17332912_705939789588199_3076399694469922816_n.jpg

Last edited:
"You don't think she's changed her phisyology?" - Joe Roidgaine

Don't know why it seemed relevant, but the last time I saw a clip of someone bring up something Cyborg related to the #AlphaBrain he replied with that, and it didn't feel like a relevant response, so why not just be as irrelevant?

Don't believe Cyborg for a second, wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want the Holm fight.

1. Let's not act as if anything her Twitter account under the control of Broke Dick Ray Elbe can be believed.

2. Oh, surprise surprise, Cyborg is being presented as a victim.

I am a bit surprised here. Getting a low offer.. isn't that what's called negotiations?
In stead of cancelling you counter offer and the negotiation starts.

lets be honest though, does anyone care if cyborg fights again in the ufc?

I don’t even understand why holly would get a title shot. Lost 2 fights in a row at 135 goes up lose at 45 go down win vs betche then get a title shot at 45? Makes no sense. Then again neither does half the fights the ufc makes these days

This is frustrating. They really need to work something out so the division can move along.

I don’t even understand why holly would get a title shot. Lost 2 fights in a row at 135 goes up lose at 45 go down win vs betche then get a title shot at 45? Makes no sense. Then again neither does half the fights the ufc makes these days

Because 145 is a shitty division that makes mens SHW look stacked.
But moronic fans claimed that tons of 135ers where actually 145ers, and also "if you build it they will come" (about 145 dv), which they did not...
Because there are NO 145ers around.
Check out tapology to see the 145 ranking its a complete joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back