UFC is losing their mind with these title shots. Condit, Gus, Holm, Cain WTF!

TrumanBurbank

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Are they losing their fucking brains over at Zuffa? Reebok deals and now this shit.

Idiots.

fighters who have been recently promoted are fresher in the minds of fans / casuals - it makes sense to promote them again - this 'deserving' business is for us to complain about when no casual fans cares - name value doesnt last forever and if you've pumped a bunch of money into promoting a fighter, it makes sense to do so again before their hype train ends - why promote a new fighter when someone else has been plugged into the head, unless there is another greater option?

holm is one im kind of surprised they went with, wonder what was going on behind the scenes there, because meisha fits into this strategy and i thought they'd go in that direction, esp w her recent performances, plus the fact that ronda will almost surely win that fight again and keep that train going

like condit for example, my casual fan friends know him because of his promoted fights - so they will be more inclined to maybe tune in since they've heard of him - cain is an obvious one, anyone could have seen that one coming a mile away, considering they just promoted the fight and there is a story line to justify it (altitude etc.)

It will get worse. Lack of money for fighters from reebok deal and you'll get some shit talent after the names now leave.

No their finally getting smart. I dont even like Zuffa but their making matches the fans want to see which is good. Lawler/Hendricks wouldn't sell shit right now. And Tate/Rousey 3 was the worst idea in MMA history so Holly is a much better choice. Despite what hardcores think, Cain actually has a very large fan base compared to the HW, so a fight with Werdum is their best PPV draw right now.

Nope OP I think you are just a whiner.

Fans want to see Condit v. Lawler. Who gives a shit if Condit "lost" to Hendricks (who laid on him any chance he got and would have been finished in Round 5).

Fans want to see "Ish!" "Ish!" Holm get TKO'd by Rhonda in Round 2.

Gus and Cain are about the UFC wanting different champs for different demographics.

If you don't like it.... Go watch WSOF and Bellator.

Holm is a little surprising, but better than Rousey/Tate 3 imo.

Fans want to see Condit v. Lawler. Who gives a shit if Condit "lost" to Hendricks (who laid on him any chance he got and would have been finished in Round 5).

Gus and Cain are about the UFC wanting different champs for different demographics.

the only people who want to see undeserving title shots are casuals who dont care for the integrity of the sport

ufc is more and more moving towards entertainment/money/wwe over the sport/integrity which is upsetting to the hardcore fan

The Condit one ain't that bad.
I'd rather see Stipe and Nunes get the other ones. I guess the Gus one is OK seeing as there's really no better options.

Dana hater! these are the fights UFC fans around the world have been waiting for!

Wow! way to screw over the fighters. The matchmaking and rankings no longer seem to mean sht anymore. Dana sure keeps to his word lol!

I didn't really care too much for Bader but he was supposedly the most likely candidate at the time and now this? I feel for Miesha. At least ronda won't have to retire her yet.

And as for the HW division. Werdum's win sure opens up things right? Not!

I would rather see holly Holm then ronda vs Meisha 5 or whatever number its at now,Or did you really wanna see Hendricks vs Lawler 5 lmao.im happy with the matchups other than the cain fight they all make sense

the only people who want to see undeserving title shots are casuals who dont care for the integrity of the sport

ufc is more and more moving towards entertainment/money/wwe over the sport/integrity which is upsetting to the hardcore fan

This is prizefighting. Nothing new.

just goes to show you really can't please people

complains about Hendricks vs Lawler 3 gets a war in Lawler vs Condit- bitches about it

complains about Tate vs Ronda 3 gets Ronda vs possibly the best striker in wbw- bitches about it

Cain vs Werdum- ok i can sorta understand this one...

but i mean if you guys would rather see recycled matches then i guess that's not of my business doh

Whats wrong with Lawler/Condit
Don't tell you don't wanna see that fight

A whiner? Maybe he actually cares about the sport and wants it to grow and not make it more like the WWE like its becoming?

REAL fans want to see REAL title shots. Lawler/Hendricks 3 means so much more than seeing Condit who has no business getting a title shot.

Rousey/Tate 3 is a lot more appealing than seeing Rousey run over a former boxer in 30 seconds.

Gus fighting for a title after LOSING his last fight...joke.

Same goes for Cain, sea level or not.

I know you have only been watching the sport for about 3 months based on your post here but for those of us who have been along for the ride for the past 20+ years....STFU.

Back