UFC is losing their mind with these title shots. Condit, Gus, Holm, Cain WTF!

UFC making these title shot decisions is not surprising, it is a business and selling the fights they have set up is easier than other matchups. I love Condit and even though he doesn't deserve the title shot, his fight with Robbie will be exciting for sure. Holly Holm fight Ronda is a great fight for the fans who have already seen her beat Meisha Tate twice.

I think ufc is going towards the wwe route now. Its def not a legitimate sport anymore with fighters getting title shot after a loss.

The Condit one ain't that bad.
I'd rather see Stipe and Nunes get the other ones. I guess the Gus one is OK seeing as there's really no better options.

even though he stands no chance, bader is more deserving. It really promotes the fact that it doesnt matter how much you win or lose, just how marketable you are, which takes away a little bit from showcasing truly who is the best

The Cain and Gus title shots are retarded.
Cain especially needs to get his ass in the back of the line. There are at least 3 dudes in HW that have an actual case for a shot, and one of them should get it.
So tired of seeing Cain fight the same people over and over.

Gus getting a shot against the guy that just beat the guy that knocked him the fuck out makes no sense. Bader deserves that shot.
If we want this to be an actual sport, sometimes we have to eat that bullet. Build a strong card around that fight. And in MMA you never know, Bader might put up a good fight, or he could get brutally destroyed. (which could make for a good highlight reel clip)

Im ok with Rousey/Holm. My only issue with that is that Dana had already promised it to Tate. They need to stop promising shit if they aren't going to deliver.
This isn't an arcade game where a "new challenger" just popped in. We all already know who the players are.

Condit is a much more exciting fight...but he doesnt deserve the shot either.
I don't want to see a Lawler/Hendricks 3, but UFC fucked that up by making the Lawler/Hendricks 2 immediately.

HW with Cain is the one that's really a fucking crime.

Condit and Gus I'll give you. Holm is undefeated and has an amazing boxing record. That plus other real contenders makes her the best option.

Condit is fine because Hendricks needed one more win imo. Gus doesn't really make sense but most people see Gus as a tougher challenge than Bader so whatever. I'd rather see Bader in that one but oh well. Holm makes total sense she's undefeated and Rousey hasn't fought her. I'd rather it be Miesha and Holm take one more fight before Rousey but no big complaints here. Cain is retarded. That's the only really bad one imo.

The only ones that are dumb are the constant rematches.

Condit, Gus and Holm are all legitimate challengers.

No their finally getting smart. I dont even like Zuffa but their making matches the fans want to see which is good. Lawler/Hendricks wouldn't sell shit right now. And Tate/Rousey 3 was the worst idea in MMA history so Holly is a much better choice. Despite what hardcores think, Cain actually has a very large fan base compared to the HW, so a fight with Werdum is their best PPV draw right now.

LOL...yes because Holly Holm is such a household name.

Most of the people who are now following Rousey didn't watch her last fight with Tate. But if you asked those same people to name one other WMMA athlete, 90% of them would say Meisha Tate and most probably wouldn't have a clue who Holly Holm is.

I don't really care who fights Rousey, I just don't care for how it was handled.

I think ufc is going towards the wwe route now. Its def not a legitimate sport anymore with fighters getting title shot after a loss.

What are you talking about? It's cage fighting. It's always been several notches below WWE as far as legitimacy is concerned.

Nope OP I think you are just a whiner.

Fans want to see Condit v. Lawler. Who gives a shit if Condit "lost" to Hendricks (who laid on him any chance he got and would have been finished in Round 5).

Fans want to see "Ish!" "Ish!" Holm get TKO'd by Rhonda in Round 2.

Gus and Cain are about the UFC wanting different champs for different demographics.

If you don't like it.... Go watch WSOF and Bellator.

No. I'm still gonna watch but I'm not going to pay for the card hehe

Most of the people who are now following Rousey didn't watch her last fight with Tate. But if you asked those same people to name one other WMMA athlete, 90% of them would say Meisha Tate and most probably wouldn't have a clue who Holly Holm is.

Most of them probably didn't know that they first fought in Strikeforce and not in the UFC. That shows how much you should not take their opinion seriously...

Have you actually watched any of her UFC fights? She's horrible.

She's won and she's done it easily. They aren't exciting fights but she's winning. Also let's not act like miesha is out there dominating. She's getting her ass kicked in a lot of these fights and then winning.

The only one I problem with is Cain. God I hate it!

No their finally getting smart. I dont even like Zuffa but their making matches the fans want to see which is good. Lawler/Hendricks wouldn't sell shit right now. And Tate/Rousey 3 was the worst idea in MMA history so Holly is a much better choice. Despite what hardcores think, Cain actually has a very large fan base compared to the HW, so a fight with Werdum is their best PPV draw right now.

The fights that fans wanted to see?

Fans wanted

Rhonda vs Cyborg

and

Werdum vs Arlovski

The only questionable title shot is Cain. The rest are good.

Back