UFC is dying. Karate Combat & Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship Edition

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So the last UFC did historically low PPV numbers (less than 100k). Plus the UFC's biggest stars are retired, or doing WWE, having troubles with the legal system, involved in expensive legal battles against USADA etc. Plus the threat of unionization is always on the background. And now there are two organizations coming up that want a slice of the martial arts' market.

I saw an interview with the CEO of Karate Combat and he says he's aiming for the 18-24 yo demographic. He said the rules of the organization were made to prioritize aggression over damage (they want fighters to press the action, not to just counterpunch). At the same time it seems they want a "cleaner" product than the UFC, so no elbows and knees allowed to diminish the blood and gore aspect of fighting.

Personally, I think their niche is more dads who want to watch martial arts with their kids and don't want their children to start asking about marijuana, steroids, cocaine, ONNIT, JRE, dicks, tight bodies, racial relations in modern America etc.

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/201...enerations-of-karate-kids.cnnmoney/index.html

The other organization is Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship. They're eating the UFC's carcass from the other side. It seems they're aiming at the just bleed fans. So more blood, gore and no walling and stalling, laying and preying etc. Their first show was a success.

Do you think these organizations will find long term success (to the detriment of the UFC)?

Last edited:
9FHH.gif

I know I use to love watching karate with my father so we could dodge discussions of race relations in America and dick anatomy lessons. Good to know this tradition is going strong today.

The Karate Genesis format is stillborn. Bare knuckle boxing won't become mainstream, despite how fun the event was.

UFC has nothing to worry about.

I don't see the problem. More combat sport to watch can only be a good thing.

Why are people obsessed with one organisation being better than another?

If you like combat sport just enjoy.

Karate really??? That 80's shit is still alive?
Karate only works in the movies.

Karate really??? That 80's shit is still alive?
Karate only works in the movies.
It's like religion. It doesn't matter how far removed it is from reality, it will always have true believers.

"Kickboxing, sir. Sport of the future."

I know I use to love watching karate with my father so we could dodge discussions of race relations in America and dick anatomy lessons. Good to know this tradition is going strong today.

You start watching UFC with your kids and the next thing you know they're using your credit card to buy Alpha Brain pills, start asking about buying free range elk meat for dinner and say they might need someone to hook them up with TRT and HGH.

If that karate org allows for TDs and GnP (submissions?) Then the karate/judo aspects will soon get dominated by wrestlers, boxers and MT styles...essentially MMA practitioners.

Watering down the rules by removing knees and elbows and putting them in GI pants won't stop that. It's like starting freestyle fighting from scratch and hoping for a different result.

BKB is a gimmick and they found early success due to signing UFC vets and giving them favorable match ups to give the crowd some one-sided beatdowns. These vets aren't going to fight each other for $5k with no gloves.

When it comes to fighting I perfer as many variables as possible. BNB and that Karate sh!t is too one dimensional imo...

Why not just do kickboxing with mma gloves. I could see the karate thing lingering for a few years. The boxing thing, maybe 5 events and disappear

If the karate things rules evolve a bit allowing for more styles and attacks, while keeping the action part it could do well. But seems to me historically, people for some reason watch boxing instead.
Maybe because the limiting rules of boxing makes it extremely easy to understand, while also letting the athletes focus on just that part of fighting, allowing them to reach very high skill levels.

Bare knuckle boxing sounds kind of like a joke to me. Not very interested, so I dont know much about it.

BKB is utter shite. Nothing more. And karate point fighting is also a shitfest.

Last edited by a moderator:
BKB definitely won't. If it's sanctioned that means Drs. If there's sanctioned Drs that means most fights will end via cut or broken hands in the first round..

How it is being sanctioned I don't know. Retarded.

Karate has never gained much appeal, but bare knuckle fights are a constant topic after a few beers.

Back