UFC in bed with dictator Kadyrov despite gay purge in Chechnya -- BloodyElbow

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
the Associated Press published a report which revealed that several people had recently been detained in Russia’s Chechen Republic on suspicion of their sexual orientation.

According to the AP, which cited activist Igor Kochetkov, several men and women suspected of being gay have been detained since December 2018. Kochetkov did not state the exact number of detainees, though later reports stated that two detainees died under torture.

Of the dozens of Russian fighters currently under contract with the UFC, five happen to represent Kadyrov’s fight club. These include Ruslan Magomedov, Abdul-Kerim Edilov, Magomed Ankalaev, Said Nurmagomedov, and Magomed Bibulatov. Former UFC champion Fabricio Werdum also represents Kadyrov’s team as an “ambassador.”

Kadyrov’s continued association with the UFC reflects poorly on the promotion and poses a public relations dilemma that is yet to be addressed. Despite this distressing issue, the UFC appears to be strengthening its links to Kadyrov instead of disassociating from the tyrant.

While the UFC took added security measures to ensure the safety of their staff and audience during the UFC Moscow event, the UFC’s silence on its links to Kadyrov, and its continued willingness to a maintain an indirect relationship with the dictator only serves to helps to distract from the crimes committed by his regime.

The UFC is yet to respond to a request for comment.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/1/...n-the-ufcs-concerning-links-to-ramzan-kadyrov

Amanda Nunes should headline next Russia event.

What's the link between UFC and Kadyrov? Not between Kadyrov and a couple fighters that are under contract with the UFC.

It's shocking that anyone would want to be associated with this guy. He even came to my country (Sweden) to take pictures and hang out with Gustafsson.

Bloody elbow needs to focus on NOT EMPLOYING PEDOPHILES as opposed to worrying about gay folk in Russia

Zero evidence of Kadyrovs direct involvement with UFC other than " abc fighter represents his fight club" . Did these fighters themselves purge gays? BE harbors pedophiles don't forget.

Lol so they want them to fire all of Ali's fighters? media really needs to understand that for better or worse, cage fighting fans don't really care about social justice or human rights violations.

UFC must take note: at least 90% of their customers tune in to watch straight on straight gay action. The association with this beastly man will affect their bottom lines.
Women watch it too.

AFAIK this "gay purge" accusations against Kadyrov were never confirmed.

I ask myself if you are gay how do you get caught being gay in a country that kills you for it. Its like going to a state with zero tolerance for drugs and then proceeding to smoke a joint in the open street.

lol What public relations disaster? No one even talks about these "links" except bloody elbow lol.

What's the link between UFC and Kadyrov? Not between Kadyrov and a couple fighters that are under contract with the UFC.

It's shocking that anyone would want to be associated with this guy. He even came to my country (Sweden) to take pictures and hang out with Gustafsson.
I wonder whether you would take pics with Kadyrov if you were offered same sponsorship as Gus.

What a goofy article. What, the UFC should boycott every fighter who comes from one of Kadyrov's gyms?

Are they "associated" to him by having fighters that train at club(s) he owns? Or are the UFC in business directly with him?

How can you blame them for having fighters who are associated in some way with the guy?
What would be the nice, correct thing to do? IDK. Maybe it would be "the right thing" to openly state that they do not tolerate any of their contractors to be linked to stuff like that and enforce it harshly... Does not seem like it would be smooth and well received in reality though. We live in reality after all...
Also to get out of your contract maybe you could just go to Kadyrov then and take pictures(haha does not sound so easy, but the guy loves combat sport so if you are good he probably wouldn't mind), become a free agent?

Kadyrov fits perfect in the new islamic state of sverikistan though. Feel bad for my swedish brothers. Rest of scandinavia need to build that wall quick

Typical Leftist logic. According to them, working relationships = actively supporting everything that person has ever done in their professional and personal lives.

Back