UFC Free Fight: Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 1

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RiotWyatt, Aug 5, 2016.

1. RiotWyatt

RiotWyatt Brown Belt

Everyone keeps talking like one fighter dominated the other but man was this a back and forth war.

2. Nightmaree

Nightmaree Questionmark

posted million times already <mma3>

3. shaffmeister

shaffmeister GRACIE BARRA

"they all turn into panic wrestlers"

LiquidSnake likes this.
  4. NotSurprised

NotSurprised Orange Belt

After watching it for the 26364767 time do you think part 2 ends differently?

5. MCS

MCS Gold Belt

I'm still salty Conor vs the LW king doesn't happen because of this.

6. sirmorbach

sirmorbach These violent delights have violent ends

I couldn't care less about what the haters and the fan boys have to say. That was one hell of a fight, I can't wait to watch it again.

War Nate. War Conor. Just bleed, motherfuckers.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. Haj01

Haj01 Silver Belt

Dolla $ Dolla $ Bill Y'all

8. LogicalMMAFan

LogicalMMAFan Brown Belt

that was a great fight. felt a bit rushed though.

9. JollyRants

JollyRants Guest

[​IMG] Looks like a back and forth war to me. The guy getting strangled wasnt dominated by the other lol.

10. Davey Crockett

Davey Crockett Mane, Firmino, Salah

11:11. You can pin point the moment where Conor's heart breaks because Nate isn't mentally defeated.

[​IMG]

Ace88 likes this.
  11. Captain_Dammitt

Captain_Dammitt Brown Belt

Still one of the most exciting fights of the year.

Davey Crockett likes this.
  12. BigDaddyBach

BigDaddyBach Banned Banned

True. It was a FANTASTIC fight and totally action packed, people forget this. Conor and Ronda were both over hyped but they both always put on exciting fights. And I guarantee this second fight will be amazing too. Conor has been in humble mode training with Dillon Danis, Olympic boxers and got rid of the touch butt. Diaz is going to get a full camp and is training with the best in the world as always.

My butt hole has tingled minutes before highly anticipated fights, but it has never felt this funny weeks out. Both will show up. Both will throw down. It will be glorious.

13. Davey Crockett

Amen

sirmorbach likes this.
  14. j18lee

j18lee Brown Belt

LOL, I guess by your measure, this below wasn't a back and forth war either. The guy on the ground cowering to be saved by the ref wasn't dominated by the other. lol.

[​IMG]

Someone can be finished and still have been in a back and forth war.

15. Thuckey

Thuckey I swear to drunk.. I'm not God. Platinum Member

Conor did a lot better than I remember. Then around the 2 min mark of round two he is visibly exhausted and trying his ebst to hide it.. but yeah, he really could have won if not for shit cardio.

You get a lot of guys like this.. killers in round 1 and their records can show that too,, but then if they really get pushed and can't finish a guy early especially if you're being all flashy like Conor was in this fight - that happens.

I'm sure he has worked on this with his team to fix, because in all honesty, I can see Conor beating him easily if he just does it right this time. His skills are clearly superior, this coming from an Aldo fan and Conor fan hater.

16. BigDaddyBach

To me, it looked like he gave up before his bell even got rung. Dude never planned on a war and when he gave Diaz everything that he had, and Diaz got that energy burst, Conor checked out. I think this fight would be fascinating to study from a psychologists point of view. It is almost like 8 minutes of Conor's mind saying "I'm da fookin man, yeah?....no one can touch me"....then a great big "shit......you mean these magical emperor clothes aren't clothes at all?"

Davey Crockett likes this.
  17. EnterTheNinja

EnterTheNinja Blue Belt

So this was actually my second time watching this fight. Thanks for posting. I believed Conor was destroying him in the first round and then Nate destroyed him in the second round. . Or at least that's how I had remembered it. Nope.

I've changed my mind after watching this again. Conor was not destroying him in the first. It was pretty even in the first round. Ya Nate was bleeding, but we all know how scar tissue works.

To me, Conor looked better in the second. Then he got caught.
    Then he got caught some more.

Not sure why everyone thinks Nate will destroy Conor in the rematch though. If Conor can keep his hands up and not swing for the fences with every shot, I'd say we're in for a pretty damn good fight. Nate is not unbeatable. He has 10 losses.
    I'm not sure who will win and I don't really care. I like both fighters and I think they're great for the sport.

18. conorgoat

conorgoat KOfinger is my little bitch

19. BigDaddyBach

And BTW, Conor's kicks and knees looked 3rd grade girl like.....who knows wtf that was about, yeah? I wouldn't be surprised if he rekt his knee after Holloway and hasn't been the same. The Conor vs Holloway was one of the most complete and exciting prototypes that we have ever seen. Following the Holloway fight (and it may have been the fact that he became rich and famous) he turned into a one punch head hunting brawler and greatly diverged from the multifaceted fighter that Jack Slack creamed his pants over. I mean really, how could you go all day vs Holloway and then cream your panties vs Diaz in minutes. Either the knee is/was f'd or the fame went to his brain. In fairness, having been famous, I can tell you that it f's you up majorly.

20. Davey Crockett

That's the first time I've rewatched it and I have to say I agree. That point there that I marked in the vid is the point in which he realised Nate weren't going to wilt. He landed some pretty hard shots in round one and let Nate know that he knew he connected well by nodding his head, sort of trying to get Nate to accept a defeatist mentality. I'm no psychologist but I think it's clear as day how Conor was beat at that point, at 11.11 mins in. It's not even a disrespectful thing to say, both guys are great fighters but someone has to lose and both guys decided it would be Conor after Nate was able to weather the storm.

The_Drinker_of_Skies likes this.