UFC Free Fight: Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 1

Conor didn't respect Nate at all in the beginning of the fight. By the time he realized what he was fighting against it was too late - the energy was gone.

70/30 conor wins the second fight. I hope he becomes the betting underdog by the time fight day comes along so I can rake in boatloads of cash.

I hope this time Diaz TKO's this clown. And then Frankie humiliates him once and for all.

[Q gradU="Thuckey, post: 119799311, member: 294617"]Conor did a lot better than I remember. Then around the 2 min mark of round two he is visibly exhausted and trying his ebst to hide it.. but yeah, he really could have won if not for shit cardio.

You get a lot of guys like this.. killers in round 1 and their records can show that too,, but then if they really get pushed and can't finish a guy early especially if you're being all flashy like Conor was in this fight - that happens.

I'm sure he has worked on this with his team to fix, because in all honesty, I can see Conor beating him easily if he just does it right this time. His skills are clearly superior, this coming from an Aldo fan and Conor fan hater.[/QUOTE]
He
Conor did a lot better than I remember. Then around the 2 min mark of round two he is visibly exhausted and trying his ebst to hide it.. but yeah, he really could have won if not for shit cardio.

You get a lot of guys like this.. killers in round 1 and their records can show that too,, but then if they really get pushed and can't finish a guy early especially if you're being all flashy like Conor was in this fight - that happens.

I'm sure he has worked on this with his team to fix, because in all honesty, I can see Conor beating him easily if he just does it right this time. His skills are clearly superior, this coming from an Aldo fan and Conor fan hater.
He gassed becaues he started getting his ass kicked.Taking punches drains your energy.

He gassed becaues he started getting his ass kicked.Taking punches drains your energy.

Actually at that point he landed a lot more than he took but okay

Fantastic left by Nate. Conor also tagged Nate with sweet uppercut right before.

Conor did a lot better than I remember. Then around the 2 min mark of round two he is visibly exhausted and trying his ebst to hide it.. but yeah, he really could have won if not for shit cardio.

Yes and no, and this is kind of your point, but I can't agree with "he would have won if...." The first round was very back and forth, very tight. Yes, Conor came out in Round 2 and really took charge for two minutes, and then, as you mention, he gassed. Except he didn't really, Diaz started landing his shots and Conor didn't look gassed until he got hit with the big left (which, I love that Nate took a moment to savor by taunting him before pursuing).

So, if he has to blow his load in order to take charge, that might also suggest that it's not that he has shit cardio, it's that the other guy is good enough that he has to blow his wad in order to do well against him. He would not have won, otherwise, because his game wasn't good enough to win unless he drew too deeply from the well at an unsustainable pace.

Back