• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Fox 23 - Pena vs Shevchenko - Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
man we're not seeing eye to eye here..

ground game a wash? no freakin way in my opinion.. cowboy is a waaaay better bjj'er... and larkin is on a similar level to story, cote & brown. for sure, imo.

no disrespect meant in this post, just emphatic disagreement

I think Larkin is a TOP WW he is way above Story, Cote and Brown. I don't see Cowboy having any success on the mat but i don't think he can even get him down.

I'm with EZ here. I think Cowboy def has the ground advantage. If he is able to score tds on Mas he has no worries what so ever. Mas won't sub him, and if he stands so be it. The thought of those tds is now in his head. If Mas wrestles Cowboy down, that guard is a problem

hoping for a good price on the jingliang/nash fight, i have a strong lean.

i like nate at dog odds, need masvidal to get a bit longer. ngannou is a pass. i need to watch tape but i think assuncao could be parlay material (although not in love with the current price).
I am interested in jingliang /nash fight ,and after today's tape watching, I also have a strong lean ʘᴗʘ

I'm with EZ here. I think Cowboy def has the ground advantage. If he is able to score tds on Mas he has no worries what so ever. Mas won't sub him, and if he stands so be it. The thought of those tds is now in his head. If Mas wrestles Cowboy down, that guard is a problem

Mas will stand with Cowboy and maybe Cowboy is better on the mat but i don't think he will have a chance to utilise it as Mas will get right back up if taken down.

I agree with Ez that Cowboy is better on the ground but disagree that Larkin is on the same level as Cote & Co, I think he's way better and - I might take heat for this but IMO Larkin is a more dangerous kicker than Cerrone besides the headkick. More speed, power and variety.

Seriously guys I think Cerrone's decline starts from here. He looked bad vs Brown tbh and has tons of fights behind him. And Masvidal would also wreck all the guys Cerrone has fought at WW. Masvidal has better crisp boxing imo plus better chin. And ofc Donald has that liver issue. Masvidal has great kicks and he can hurt Cerrone for sure.

Spicely might be the MW barberena (everyone think he sucks but he is actually very good)

Jason gonzalez is not good. Cottrell fought beast Prazeres on short notice and didnt look bad. He will dominate this fight.

i highlighted these 3 things. issues with these.

cowboy didn't look bad vs brown. i thought he won every round. rd 1 and 2 were competitive but i thought brown looked pretty darn good. and masvidal "wrecking" matt brown, story, cote... that's hardly a foregone conclusion.

spicely =/= barberena. barberena is a durable son of a bitch with good cardio. that's all he is. spicely is NOT that. he's not shown anything remotely similar, in fact. what he is is a good top game bjj'er. i don't get the comparison whatsoever.

cottrell lost like 30-26 x 3, didn't he? how exactly is he going to dominate gonzalez? gonz has shown some skills in a few areas but he's definitely got a case of tall-guy-defense. but cottrell isn't a prime candidate to expose that, imo.

cowboy didn't look bad vs brown. i thought he won every round. rd 1 and 2 were competitive but i thought brown looked pretty darn good. and masvidal "wrecking" matt brown, story, cote... that's hardly a foregone conclusion.

spicely =/= barberena. barberena is a durable son of a bitch with good cardio. that's all he is. spicely is NOT that. he's not shown anything remotely similar, in fact. what he is is a good top game bjj'er. i don't get the comparison whatsoever.

cottrell lost like 30-26 x 3, didn't he? how exactly is he going to dominate gonzalez? gonz has shown some skills in a few areas but he's definitely got a case of tall-guy-defense. but cottrell isn't a prime candidate to expose that, imo.
Thanks. Will re watch cotrell fight. Probably I am mixing him up with someone else...

I know RA is Brazilian, but very curious to see if Aljo gasses harder at altitude after clearly blowing his wad big time vs Caraway

what's the brazilian comment mean?

if you mean assuncao trains in brazil or something... you should know (and others) that assuncao has been living in america for a loooong time. his english is damn near perfect

Alessio Di Chirico
Last 2 fights
https://www.ufc.tv/video/bojan-velickovic-vs-alessio-di-chirico-ufc-fight-night
https://www.ufc.tv/video/alessio-di-chirico-vs-garreth-mclellan-ufc-fight-night-maia-vs-condit

Eric Spicely
Last 2 fights
https://www.ufc.tv/video/sam-alvey-vs-eric-spicely-ufc-fight-night-mcdonald-vs-lineker
https://www.ufc.tv/video/eric-spicely-vs-thiago-santos-ufc-fight-night-cyborg-vs-lansberg

bonus tuf fights

I noticed spicely has limited basic striking, uses it mainly to get within distance to use his wrestling or clinching game and then move onto his ji-jitsu game. Spicely's like a desperate leech on guys, good in scrambling and getting to better positions to maintain his body locks.

It would take a powerful and accurate striker to put spicely away and I don't see that coming from Chirico although he may have his moments. I reckon spicely will use his wrestling and ji jitsu more in this fight while looking for subs.

I like spicely su, but if I see chirico preventing the take downs and creating space he is worth playing via live betting.

what's the brazilian comment mean?

if you mean assuncao trains in brazil or something... you should know (and others) that assuncao has been living in america for a loooong time. his english is damn near perfect
Generalization due to Brazilian's seemingly being the worst offenders of gassing, especially the older ones

Alessio Di Chirico
Last 2 fights
https://www.ufc.tv/video/bojan-velickovic-vs-alessio-di-chirico-ufc-fight-night
https://www.ufc.tv/video/alessio-di-chirico-vs-garreth-mclellan-ufc-fight-night-maia-vs-condit

Eric Spicely
Last 2 fights
https://www.ufc.tv/video/sam-alvey-vs-eric-spicely-ufc-fight-night-mcdonald-vs-lineker
https://www.ufc.tv/video/eric-spicely-vs-thiago-santos-ufc-fight-night-cyborg-vs-lansberg

bonus tuf fights

I noticed spicely has limited basic striking, uses it mainly to get within distance to use his wrestling or clinching game and then move onto his ji-jitsu game. Spicely's like a desperate leech on guys, good in scrambling and getting to better positions to maintain his body locks.

It would take a powerful and accurate striker to put spicely away and I don't see that coming from Chirico although he may have his moments. I reckon spicely will use his wrestling and ji jitsu more in this fight while looking for subs.

I like spicely su, but if I see chirico preventing the take downs and creating space he is worth playing via live betting.

On a side note Spice did his camp at Tristar.

He lost r2 imo he was well down on sig strikes for that round compared to Brown. I had a huge bet pending on Cowboy and was shitting myself.

I agree with Ez that Cowboy is better on the ground but disagree that Larkin is on the same level as Cote & Co, I think he's way better and - I might take heat for this but IMO Larkin is a more dangerous kicker than Cerrone besides the headkick. More speed, power and variety.

His spinning heel kicks andy hug style was awesome against tumenov.

I've only watched RA against Munhoz so far but in that fight his cardio was exceptional.
I need to tape watch some RA as I only recall the Dilly fight from watching tape a few weeks ago. He started getting a little more sluggish, but that was prob due to confusion rather than cardio

I need to tape watch some RA as I only recall the Dilly fight from watching tape a few weeks ago. He started getting a little more sluggish, but that was prob due to confusion rather than cardio

don't forget that was also RA's first fight back in a couple years

Hmm Caraway hit two takedowns in r2 albeit RA was up pretty much instantly. Will watch the TJ rematch next.

Not surprised quite a few liking nate, alvey somehow managed to look average and sluggish against his last 2 wins in casey and alex.

Nate at least has shown some "greatness" and finished better competition in dollaway and Tamdam.

Don't think any props or overs are safe here or maybe? but a decent live bet fight for sure.

I dont think we're getting the +150 on Mas. Has not gotten above +140 in a while and is at +135 right now. Should I bite at the +140 or wait longer and hope money comes in on Cowboy as he is the more well known fighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back