UFC FN - Cannonier v Imavov (June 8)

Jared seems to get better with age. He beat Strickland who is elite. And we seen Strickland beat Imavov off the couch last year. I’m not sure how Imavov wins this fight.

I’m not worried about Reyes chin in this spot. Jacoby is not a power puncher & Reyes is a better fighter.

Rosas should easily beat Turcios with his wrestling. I don’t like the odds but I do think they are accurate.

I’m not worried about Reyes chin in this spot. Jacoby is not a power puncher & Reyes is a better fighter.
Be careful with this one, Jacoby's last two wins are 1st round KO's over Nzechukwu and Jung, and he's only been stopped by strikes once despite fighting a ton of heavy hitters.

Puna vs Baeza seems like an interesting spot, Puna still cracks and Baeza is chinny so I kinda like him there.

Be careful with this one, Jacoby's last two wins are 1st round KO's over Nzechukwu and Jung, and he's only been stopped by strikes once despite fighting a ton of heavy hitters.

Puna vs Baeza seems like an interesting spot, Puna still cracks and Baeza is chinny so I kinda like him there.

The new gloves seem to have more padding. Reyes and Baeza chins will be alright. I think they both win their fights. They are just better BUT I wouldnt bet on Baeza because of the layoff. -160 is a joke line. It should be -110

Last edited:
Jared seems to get better with age. He beat Strickland who is elite. And we seen Strickland beat Imavov off the couch last year. I’m not sure how Imavov wins this fight.

Rosas should easily beat Turcios with his wrestling. I don’t like the odds but I do think they are accurate.

Man...I'd be worried about Dom's chin even if he was fighting a potted plant LOL. And Jacoby isn't a massive one hit KO guy but he has power enough. He's got a couple recent KO wins...

Bruno/Stoltzfu over (if plus odds) is interesting.

Baeza and Soriano under if the odds are decent.

Taylor dec

Marquez is my top candidate for ko prop.

Cateneda and marco split dec prop if available.

Fight goes the distance for the main event.

Last edited:
Man...I'd be worried about Dom's chin even if he was fighting a potted plant LOL. And Jacoby isn't a massive one hit KO guy but he has power enough. He's got a couple recent KO wins...

Reyes trains with Pereira who already beat Jacoby. He is gonna do good here

Cannonier, Reyes, Moises, Soriano all good underdogs

Played a small one before the lines move

Imavov, Jacoby , Moura, Klein

50 bucks pays almost 500 and I feel good about all 4

Reese is tempting me too as he should be able to crack Marquez and not have to worry about getting taken down with this matchup style

Reyes trains with Pereira who already beat Jacoby. He is gonna do good here

Cannonier, Reyes, Moises, Soriano all good underdogs

Dom hasn't fought in a long time and was getting KO'd multiple fights in a row when he last did fight. No question he had good skills at one point. Maybe the time away was well spent and his durability has bounced back and he's sharpened thing up with his game. No way I'd have any confidence in that though.

Last edited:
Another thing to note is that Reyes is 34 now. That's not old for LHW standards, but for a guy who was billed as an athletic specimen getting old could be a death sentence when coupled with his showing against Spann.

Marquez I like as well since Reese seems like this year's Contender Series washout, no experience and a bunch of early finishes that tell you nothing about his skills or cardio.

I really like Cannonier and I like Lee in a loser leaves town match plus she’s already beaten De La Rosa although I don’t remember much about that fight.

Toumar+170un
Lapilus-192ov
Moura-175un
Marcos-108ov
Lee-122ov
Katona-520ov
Radtke+164ov
Klein-125ov
Baeza-166un
Reese-105un
Ferreria-265un
Rosas-235ov
Jacoby-218un
Cannoier+114ov

2 events in a row profit going for a 3rd now sucks in Hawaii can't watch fights really because at work

Dom hasn't fought in a long time and was getting KO'd multiple fights in a row when he last did fight. No question he had good skills at one point. Maybe the time away was well spent and his durability has bounced back and he's sharpened thing up with his game. No way I'd have any confidence in that though.
Yea i just like the value. My last 3 UFC events have all been box office flops. So its probably best to fade my picks LOL

Yea i just like the value. My last 3 UFC events have all been box office flops. So its probably best to fade my picks LOL

Dom at his best tools Jacoby. Just...will we ever see close to that Dom again? I kinda hope you're right, would be a good comeback story.

Reactions: Ruv
Cant imagine Imovov beating Jared. This will be another Vettori/Cannonier.

Vettori is probably better than Imavov. I remember Buckley having some success and landing clean on Imavov and rocking him back.

only path i see is Imavov using superior kicks and turning the fight into a french savate fight and winning on points, unlikely tho.

Vettori is probably better than Imavov. I remember Buckley having some success and landing clean on Imavov and rocking him back.

only path i see is Imavov using superior kicks and turning the fight into a french savate fight and winning on points, unlikely tho.
I feel the same. Gonna watch some tape and see if it backs up or disproves that theory, but currently backing Cannoneer.

Agreed. My only concern is the MCL injury, if it will affect him

Has Reyes fought since USADA stepped down? If he looks jacked on the scales I'll back him haha

I feel the same. Gonna watch some tape and see if it backs up or disproves that theory, but currently backing Cannoneer.
just watch the fight and skip to round 3. Buckley took the 3rd, landed more, hit him with a knee, landed some combos, had Imavov panick wrestling. And ended with Buckley getting shots off and Imavov looked gassy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vapor Snake
Back