UFC FN 221 PBP/Discussion

If Merab could get over the mental issues with Sterling I think he would break him in a 5-round fight. As it is I think he has too much respect and won't ever fight him.

If Merab could get over the mental issues with Sterling I think he would break him in a 5-round fight. As it is I think he has too much respect and won't ever fight him.
Yeah, I think they said Sterling will move up if he beats CCC.

Yan never quit and showed a lot of heart but his team doesn't improve him or change him. When it comes to game-planning he just doesn't have it. Kind of a shame because he won't change teams.

I think Merab could honestly get a finish here if he pushes it.

As sad as it is to see Yan get dominated like this, it's great to see how opened up the 135 division has gotten.

I want Merab to go up a category because him vs Volk would be SO GOOD! haha

Congratulations Merab bettors.

Amazing performance. We've seen Yan lose but never so decisively.

Very interesting how this plays out with Aljo now.

LOL, DC did not seem happy with that political message at the end.
Merab is very vocal about that sort of stuff.

Tonight wouldve been a disaster if not for Merab. He bailed me out

Yan was clearly fighting with a broken hand and came with no intention of doing anything but making it the distance.

Just a good reminder to never put too much on any fighter no matter how confident you are in the spot.

Petr Yan is now 1-4 in his last 5 fights.

That's insane.

2 years and 1 week ago I'm pretty sure most of us thought he would dominate 135 for years to come.

Shows just how good everyone at the top of this division are. I think the top 10 and particularly top 5 are probably the most elite compared to other divisions.

Also can't help but feel Cejudo retiring and missing potentially his best years in the sport was a huge misstep and stopped us from seeing just how good he can truly be.

Back