UFC FN 144 PBP/Discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by PuertoRican, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Mortex2

Mortex2 Green Belt

Well gents, hope you had a good night. Take it easy. If you lost some cash, don't stress, we have all been there.

usernamee and Kowboy Karl like this.
  2. Austisthunder

Austisthunder Yellow Belt

Overall 4-1 tonight, up 3 U... redemption from that last disaster

Howd u lads end up

PolarBearPaulVarelans likes this.
  3. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

bankroll down 40%.

4. Mortex2

Mortex2 Green Belt

I basically made a 1.2K profit. I went with that degen bet of $730 on Aldo @+110 (thanks PigLord), and then sprinkled $230 on Moraes by KO,TKO, Submission or DQ @+260. So, my night could not be better. Won some smaller bets, but gambled the winning away on Goodman and Teymur.

MidgardSerpent likes this.
  5. Jordan3399

Jordan3399 Green Belt

Shame about Teymur but still went up 16u tonight. Pretty damn happy really.

6. longway

longway White Belt

Great card. They are all warriors. Love them all.

7. ClipYourDirtyWings

ClipYourDirtyWings The Best is Blessed

$1,060 or ~4.25 unit night. Little disappointing for a card with so much risk and not the greatest single card ROI I've ever had, but I'm happy overall. Frota really disappointed me, especially with such a size advantage. Also miscalculated my Teymur ML/Oli Sub hedge and only profited $5 rather than the $250 (a full unit) I meant to. Really wishing I went heavier on Aldo, but I felt Moicano had a great chance of winning that fight and I didn't want to overdo it. Also annoying that Albini easily could have subbed Rozenstruik in RD1 and completed that ridiculous parlay for me (I literally never parlay, this was my first one in probably 18 months).

8. zeckdo

zeckdo Blue Belt

On 1/18/19 I tweeted a compliment about Jerin Valel letting Saunders/Moraes play out instead of standing them up. Didn't tag him in the tweet.

Tonight, after some questionable calls by him in his fights, I get a notification that he liked my old tweet. Aka he searched up his name on twitter after the event to see reactions to his officiating decisions. thought this was mad funny.

9. Shoulder

Shoulder #29 most average paid MMA bettor on Sherdog.

Teymur burned me and I went to light on Maia. -0.6U tonight so I’ll live to fight another day.

10. AnthonReign

AnthonReign White Belt

Teymur burned me too but I wanted that prick to lose after poking Oliveira in the eyes.

Perez, Aldo and Moraes made my night as I put a hefty amount on them.

Overall it was a good night with entertaining fights.

11. Shoulder

Shoulder #29 most average paid MMA bettor on Sherdog.

I’m Swedish so I’ll let him eyepoke every mother lfucker for here to vegas and not think twice about it. But his loss was completely forgotten when Aldo won.

12. piglord

piglord Black Belt

i'm a really intelligent guy

[​IMG]

Jordan3399, Gugabe and Cockadoodle like this.
  13. Kyle Stephens

Kyle Stephens Blue Belt

Jesus Fucking Christ, man!!! Baby Albini lost a very very winnable fight and my money. :(The other guy's game reminds me so much of Black Beast, tho.

Tebowned likes this.
  14. Dooze

Dooze Purple Belt

Feel like I had a pretty good read of that Aldo fight in the end from my late little capping of it yesterday;

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...o-vs-moraes-ii.3895809/page-31#post-148861331

Ended up being my biggest bet and paid off, think the similarities between that and the Barboza situation are more evident now. I have Moicano the first round barely and maybe he would have been able to go on to take another round or two with a similar gameplay, but other than that I couldn't see any way he was beating Aldo which is a big ask as a favourite against someone who is difficult to win a clear striking decision against.

Managed to avoid betting the ME too which I'm happy with. Usually have something on it just because it's a big fight but no real leans on that fight, it felt too much like gambling for me to comfortably bet either way since I couldn't confidently really call that fight ending in any particular way when I thought about it.

Going to try and do that a bit more this year in terms of picking spots rather than betting nearly every other fight where I know the fighters just to have some action on it.

15. Trillz

Trillz Orange Belt

i went evens and just won my money back, but max griffin got robbed, would have won 100pound if he would have got the nod.

16. lawmills2006

lawmills2006 Purple Belt

About 7u up, pretty content. Aldo was a larger than usual 4u play.

17. Ryan Kelly

Ryan Kelly Orange Belt

Won just over 20u on this card, most of it on the last 2 fights. Had Aldo ML, ITD and hit his KO prop which was an insane +850. Also had 5u on Moraes ML and parlayed him ITD w Aldo ITD. Best night in a while. Feels especially good bc I got slaughtered on the last card.

18. NorthernLights

NorthernLights Blue Belt

I was thinking about doing the same thing but ended up on his ML after I remembered that I got burned bad by doing that in the past.

Best event ever for me (+14.5u)...Pretty much a clean sweep except for Ramos. 2019 is looking promising!