UFC FN 144 PBP/Discussion

Well gents, hope you had a good night. Take it easy. If you lost some cash, don't stress, we have all been there.

Overall 4-1 tonight, up 3 U... redemption from that last disaster

Howd u lads end up

Overall 4-1 tonight, up 3 U... redemption from that last disaster

Howd u lads end up

I basically made a 1.2K profit. I went with that degen bet of $730 on Aldo @+110 (thanks PigLord), and then sprinkled $230 on Moraes by KO,TKO, Submission or DQ @+260. So, my night could not be better. Won some smaller bets, but gambled the winning away on Goodman and Teymur.

Shame about Teymur but still went up 16u tonight. Pretty damn happy really.

Great card. They are all warriors. Love them all.

Likely my final plays for this card:

Jose Aldo +145 vs. Renato Moicano $250 to win $362.50

Ricardo Ramos -115 vs. Said Nurmagomedov $287.50 to win $250
Ricardo Ramos -110 vs. Said Nurmagomedov $275 to win $250
Ricardo Ramos wins inside the distance +300 $82.50 to win $250

Sarah Frota +210 vs. Livia Renata Souza $625 to win $1,312.50
Sarah Frota wins inside the distance +430 $62.50 to win $268.75

Demian Maia -150 vs. Lyman Good $750 to win $500
Demian Maia wins by submission +165 $150 to win $250

Junior Albini +110 vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik $500 to win $550
Junior Albini vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik under 1.5 rounds +110 $250 to win $275
Junior Albini vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik does not go to decision -185 $462.50 to win $250

Markus Perez +205 vs. Anthony Hernandez $625 to win $1,281.25
Markus Perez wins by decision +625 $50 to win $312.50

David Teymur -130 vs. Charles Oliveira $650 to win $500
David Teymur +100 vs. Charles Oliveira $500 to win $500

Charles Oliveira wins by submission +165 $700 to win $1,155

Mara Romero Borella +180 vs. Talia Santos $250 to win $450
Mara Romero Borella wins by submission +585 $50 to win $292.50

Raphael Assuncao vs. Marlon Moraes does not start round 5 +150 $250 to win $375
Raphael Assuncao wins by ko/tko +1025 $62.50 to win $640

Thiago Alves vs. Max Griffin under 2.5 rounds +185 $250 to win $462.50

$25 to win $1,801:
  • Junior Albini wins by submission
  • Demian Maia wins by submission
  • Charles Oliveira wins by submission

+$1,060 / 4.24 units

$1,060 or ~4.25 unit night. Little disappointing for a card with so much risk and not the greatest single card ROI I've ever had, but I'm happy overall. Frota really disappointed me, especially with such a size advantage. Also miscalculated my Teymur ML/Oli Sub hedge and only profited $5 rather than the $250 (a full unit) I meant to. Really wishing I went heavier on Aldo, but I felt Moicano had a great chance of winning that fight and I didn't want to overdo it. Also annoying that Albini easily could have subbed Rozenstruik in RD1 and completed that ridiculous parlay for me (I literally never parlay, this was my first one in probably 18 months).

On 1/18/19 I tweeted a compliment about Jerin Valel letting Saunders/Moraes play out instead of standing them up. Didn't tag him in the tweet.

Tonight, after some questionable calls by him in his fights, I get a notification that he liked my old tweet. Aka he searched up his name on twitter after the event to see reactions to his officiating decisions. thought this was mad funny.

Teymur burned me and I went to light on Maia. -0.6U tonight so I’ll live to fight another day.

Teymur burned me and I went to light on Maia. -0.6U tonight so I’ll live to fight another day.
Teymur burned me too but I wanted that prick to lose after poking Oliveira in the eyes.

Perez, Aldo and Moraes made my night as I put a hefty amount on them.

Overall it was a good night with entertaining fights.

Teymur burned me too but I wanted that prick to lose after poking Oliveira in the eyes.

Perez, Aldo and Moraes made my night as I put a hefty amount on them.

Overall it was a good night with entertaining fights.

I’m Swedish so I’ll let him eyepoke every mother lfucker for here to vegas and not think twice about it. But his loss was completely forgotten when Aldo won.

i'm a really intelligent guy

moraes.png

Jesus Fucking Christ, man!!! Baby Albini lost a very very winnable fight and my money. :(The other guy's game reminds me so much of Black Beast, tho.

Feel like I had a pretty good read of that Aldo fight in the end from my late little capping of it yesterday;

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...o-vs-moraes-ii.3895809/page-31#post-148861331

Ended up being my biggest bet and paid off, think the similarities between that and the Barboza situation are more evident now. I have Moicano the first round barely and maybe he would have been able to go on to take another round or two with a similar gameplay, but other than that I couldn't see any way he was beating Aldo which is a big ask as a favourite against someone who is difficult to win a clear striking decision against.

Managed to avoid betting the ME too which I'm happy with. Usually have something on it just because it's a big fight but no real leans on that fight, it felt too much like gambling for me to comfortably bet either way since I couldn't confidently really call that fight ending in any particular way when I thought about it.

Going to try and do that a bit more this year in terms of picking spots rather than betting nearly every other fight where I know the fighters just to have some action on it.

i went evens and just won my money back, but max griffin got robbed, would have won 100pound if he would have got the nod.

About 7u up, pretty content. Aldo was a larger than usual 4u play.

Won just over 20u on this card, most of it on the last 2 fights. Had Aldo ML, ITD and hit his KO prop which was an insane +850. Also had 5u on Moraes ML and parlayed him ITD w Aldo ITD. Best night in a while. Feels especially good bc I got slaughtered on the last card.

i'm a really intelligent guy

moraes.png

I was thinking about doing the same thing but ended up on his ML after I remembered that I got burned bad by doing that in the past.

Best event ever for me (+14.5u)...Pretty much a clean sweep except for Ramos. 2019 is looking promising!

Back