UFC fighters who never fulfilled expectations.

Nick Diaz

Only beat a washed up BJ Penn. Faked an injury cuz he was outclassed in his last fight.

I never thought that he was great TBH. I'm glad I was proven correct. SO in a way, he fulfilled my expectations.

There’s almost too many to count let alone list. Roger Huerta, had tons of hype and was on the Wheaties Box.
That was Pettis who was on the Wheaties boxUFC Lightweight Champion Anthony Pettis stands besides oversized Wheaties  box during Media Day at MGM Grand on Thursday, Dec. 03, 2014. He will be  fighting Gilbert Melendez for the UFC Lightweigh … |UFC Lightweight Champion Anthony Pettis stands besides oversized Wheaties  box during Media Day at MGM Grand on Thursday, Dec. 03, 2014. He will be  fighting Gilbert Melendez for the UFC Lightweigh … |640 × 426

Huerta's achievement was being on the cover of Sports Illustrated
roger-huerta-ultimate-fighting-championship-69-shootout-may-28-2007-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

As someone just mentioned in another thread, Jamie Varner. WEC champ that just couldn't get enough traction in the UFC.

Thomas Almeida, Doo Ho Choi, Zabit, Barao, Walker (so far), Pettis (just going off of the unwarranted hype he had). Dude was a -550 favorite against prime RDA. Travis Browne.

Conor McGregor.

Had the size + ability + power to reign unchallenged in the FW division (beat Aldo, Holloway, Poirier, beat everyone, could've continued at that lower weight).

As soon as he became FW Champion, Conor vacated the FW, fell in love with himself, gained weight, and proceeded on an unprecedented losing streak ... failing to live up to his potential as a serious martial artist and FW Champ.

Completely changed his style from free-floating karateka, where he was his most dangerous, to a flat-footed, "wannabe boxer" ... where not only has he failed to get a KO ever since, but has been KO'd 3x since.

Total waste of talent.
Yes came to say this. If you forget all the fluff about being rich and controversial, Conor went from double champ to junkie with a terrible record.

Kelvin Gastelum. Used to be my favorite fighter and definitely thought he would became champion. Lando also come to mind after his fight with Ferguson.

Back