UFC Fight Night - Strickland vs Hall - Official discussion

Elizeu was probably in his prime in that time
Id be more worried about that fat fuck adcc guy Orlando cranking on Sean's arm. Do we know if that caused any injuries??

That wasn't a quick submission, he was trying to cause an injury to "win" their grappling session.

Is Stolze worth something here? He had a few moments against Emeev, and Lazzez's showing against Alves went as poorly as it could've. His win over Abdul also hasn't aged well either.

Overall, there's some close odds that could be worth it at a first glance I think - Melsik and Kamaka maybe, and Kang could pull off the gameplan Joe Soto used to beat Yahya. Tempted to fade Buys as well. Hall is probably too unreliable, but he could crack Strickland.

Will defo have to revise my plays in the next few days, probably feel too emboldened by the amount of upsets that occurred yesterday, lol.

Edit: Taking back my comments about Stolze. I know records aren't the end all, but the mofo lost to two guys that had negative records on the regional circuit. And he does seem like a lesser version of Mounir in terms of skillset.

Last edited:
2/3 of the women's fights this week are truly 50/50 toss ups. Buys is trash and de Paula is overrated. Frey has for show muscle and is afraid to get hit and Yoder has bad cardio and ends up in north/south position intentionally every fight. Don't waste time arguing who's better and who'll win either of those fights. It ain't worth it. Only woman worth playing this week is Montano.

Other than that, I think Hall is improving even in old age and I think he walks away with a win this weekend. He's underachieved in his career but I walked away from Stricklands last fight thinking he's got no athletic advantages here. Unless he's going to outgrapple Hall for 5 rounds I'm thinking about taking a shot on Hall ITD. Sounds far fetched but gut feeling I think Hall takes Strickland out this weekend

2/3 of the women's fights this week are truly 50/50 toss ups. Buys is trash and de Paula is overrated. Frey has for show muscle and is afraid to get hit and Yoder has bad cardio and ends up in north/south position intentionally every fight. Don't waste time arguing who's better and who'll win either of those fights. It ain't worth it. Only woman worth playing this week is Montano.

Other than that, I think Hall is improving even in old age and I think he walks away with a win this weekend. He's underachieved in his career but I walked away from Stricklands last fight thinking he's got no athletic advantages here. Unless he's going to outgrapple Hall for 5 rounds I'm thinking about taking a shot on Hall ITD. Sounds far fetched but gut feeling I think Hall takes Strickland out this weekend

I honestly think Strickland jabs Halls face all night.

Highly likely.......

Until Hall gets mad and pulls something out of nowhere. Sometimes I think Hall needs a fire lit under him in fights. Kinda like the Jotko fight

Yeah Hall KO as a hedge if the price is right...

Saw a cool stat from the last event. Darren Elkins has the most UFC wins as an underdog now with his 10th dog win. Most since 2010 (Neil Magny and Andrei Arlovski have 9 dog wins each). Elkins is10-6 going into fights as an underdog.

Impressive there.

Saw a cool stat from the last event. Darren Elkins has the most UFC wins as an underdog now with his 10th dog win. Most since 2010 (Neil Magny and Andrei Arlovski have 9 dog wins each). Elkins is10-6 going into fights as an underdog.

Impressive there.

Including the one over Micihiro Omigawa in the first fight of the night at UFC 131 in which most thought he lost. Funny story some guy parlayed that entire card and won like $52,000 on a $200 bet and it should’ve been busted after one fight lol.

Including the one over Micihiro Omigawa in the first fight of the night at UFC 131 in which most thought he lost. Funny story some guy parlayed that entire card and won like $52,000 on a $200 bet and it should’ve been busted after one fight lol.
That's a disgustingly good win

That's a disgustingly good win

You know the card this weekend isn't worth discussing much when the talk revolves around a fighter from last week's card being a great underdog play. Or even how up until now I never noticed Miesha Tate's tits in your avatar moving. I stared for a good 15 seconds wondering if something was wrong with my eyes.

Carry on people. (If you can). Outside of a Hall TKO/ITD, I'm passing this week.

All in on chavez and lawrence.
I advise you not to, my bruddah. Kamaka should have gotten the win against a guy that Chavez also beat, so I'm fully expecting it to be a close one.

And Trevin already sort of derailed a hyped prospect in Valiev, and blasted Bautista, don't think it happens here, but I'm sure as hell not putting all my eggs on a fight that has him.

Might make a few plays between this card and Bellator's. Gonzalez and Burnell at near-evens/underdogs seem pretty good.

I advise you not to, my bruddah. Kamaka should have gotten the win against a guy that Chavez also beat, so I'm fully expecting it to be a close one.

And Trevin already sort of derailed a hyped prospect in Valiev, and blasted Bautista, don't think it happens here, but I'm sure as hell not putting all my eggs on a fight that has him.

Might make a few plays between this card and Bellator's. Gonzalez and Burnell at near-evens/underdogs seem pretty good.
Sure but chaves dominated while kamaka lost a close fight.

And chavez is at plus money.

Maybe not all in but I see value.

I thought Jones was very fortunate to get that stoppage against valiev.

valiev was beating the brakes off him in and had him hurt badly to the body in rd1. Ref let him get pummeled by about 20 unanswered strikes until he recovered.

In rd 2 he was beating him handedly again and got caught with a counter. Jones was landing some ground and pound but valiev was still trying to defend and the ref stopped it. He definitely didn’t give valiev the same chance he gave Jones to recover.

Last edited:
I thought Jones was very fortunate to get that stoppage against valiev.

valiev was beating the brakes off him in and had him hurt badly to the body in rd1. Ref let him get pummeled by about 20 unanswered strikes until he recovered.

In rd 2 he was beating him handedly again and got caught with a counter. Jones was landing some ground and pound but valiev was still trying to defend and the ref stopped it. He definitely didn’t give valiev the same chance he gave Jones to recover.
I don't disagree, but that still goes to show that Jones, benefitting from the ref or not, can throw a wrench in things pretty easily.

Impressive there.
Wish I had hit him as a dog more

I don't disagree, but that still goes to show that Jones, benefitting from the ref or not, can throw a wrench in things pretty easily.
I would agree, he’s a good counter puncher and is capable of stopping just about anybody

Rafa Garcia and Bryan Barberena shouldn't be losing.

I'm happy to parlay them with de Paula here.

Back