UFC Fight Night: Dariush vs. Tsarukyan is STACKED

Said it before and I'll say it again, huge fan of the Fight Night cards. You get to see prospects, solid fun fighters that'll never contend for a title, and then you get some fights of consequence (we usually only get 1, maybe 2 of these on a FN and here we get 4).

- Will Veronica Hardy continue the improvement she showed after a 3 year hiatus?
- Can Steve Garcia knock off another prospect in Melk Costa? If Costa wins, does he do so in a fashion that warrants a healthy step up in competition?
- Does Gastelum show the discipline needed to not lose the fight at the scale? After losing to Belal in the manner that he did, can Brady conquer that demon if Gastelum is still bringing the fight in Round 3?
- What does Figueiredo look like at BW (and is that eye really healed up)? Don't think we'll get the wrestling question answered for Font, but can he bully Figgy like he needs to in order to try to make one last run?
- Turner is coming off a war and fighting on short notice. Is he going to be able to establish the jab? How does Bobby Green close the distance to turn this in to a fight that takes place on his terms?
- Finally, can Tsarukyan out grapple Dariush?

Looking forward to finding out.

Is your username by any chance also a podcast? Sounds like one.

It is but you know someone will complain and say it’s the worst card ever and that they don’t recognize half the names on the card

You goofs need to stop joking around. Dana might actually believe you and we will end up getting these cards as PPV cards.

Said it before and I'll say it again, huge fan of the Fight Night cards. You get to see prospects, solid fun fighters that'll never contend for a title, and then you get some fights of consequence (we usually only get 1, maybe 2 of these on a FN and here we get 4).

- Will Veronica Hardy continue the improvement she showed after a 3 year hiatus?
- Can Steve Garcia knock off another prospect in Melk Costa? If Costa wins, does he do so in a fashion that warrants a healthy step up in competition?
- Does Gastelum show the discipline needed to not lose the fight at the scale? After losing to Belal in the manner that he did, can Brady conquer that demon if Gastelum is still bringing the fight in Round 3?
- What does Figueiredo look like at BW (and is that eye really healed up)? Don't think we'll get the wrestling question answered for Font, but can he bully Figgy like he needs to in order to try to make one last run?
- Turner is coming off a war and fighting on short notice. Is he going to be able to establish the jab? How does Bobby Green close the distance to turn this in to a fight that takes place on his terms?

My kind of fan.

Quality post dude!

Nice! I'll give it a listen. So have some kind of sales pitch background story to the podcast?
Much appreciated! It's 2 best friends (that are not fighters) that started watching fights together around 15 years ago. Moved to different parts of the country, but were always talking on the phone about the fights. We figured people have their 1 or 2 friends (or random co-workers) that they can talk fights with, so wanted to bring those conversations to someone that might not have that person to talk fights with and grow a community of "fight friends". We don't try to break things down from a technical standpoint (as we are incredibly unqualified to do so), just talk about what's interesting to us as die hard fans.

Fighters on this upcoming fight night card just to name a few :D
Veronica Hardy
MIESHA TATE
CLAY GUIDA
KELVIN GASTELUM
Deiveson Figueiredo
BOBBY GREEN
BENEIL DARIUSH
1e08ca2455b1caedffbf15e1e1823f3a.gif
The first 3 fighters you named are completely irrelevant.

Back in my day this was a random Wednesday card on Versus they used to kill event quotas.

Bring back fight nights featuring #1 or #2 contender fights to warrant a title shot in their next PPV. The entire point of giving them the boost of a cable main event was to get plenty of free views to hopefully have those fans know the winner and then buy the PPV.

Having random dudes headline Fight Nights just make people tune out as there's no stakes. We already know it's a lower card as it's not a PPV, making the main event stakeless just proves that even more.

If this is stacked, then I'm definitely a casual now. Most of these fights wouldn't even be big enough to be on the prelims back in the glory days.

Clay? Is this 2010?
I can't help but be glad when I see him fight (and quite often !). It's obviously becoming a bit hard those days, but he still manages to win every other fight, being 3/3 since 2021...
You know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but he's one of a kind, and I like it when I see that some things don't change. The hair was already hard to swallow, I hope he's not gonna fake retirement again <Lmaoo>(now that I think about it, Dana was mad about that, so he might as well do it again, what is Dana gonna do, fire him ? "Oh nooo I will never be able to fight for the 294629th time in the UFC" -although I suspect he's paid relatively well)

Much appreciated! It's 2 best friends (that are not fighters) that started watching fights together around 15 years ago. Moved to different parts of the country, but were always talking on the phone about the fights. We figured people have their 1 or 2 friends (or random co-workers) that they can talk fights with, so wanted to bring those conversations to someone that might not have that person to talk fights with and grow a community of "fight friends". We don't try to break things down from a technical standpoint (as we are incredibly unqualified to do so), just talk about what's interesting to us as die hard fans.

Definitely sounds good, bud! I'll let you know what I think of it when I listened to an ep. I'll be honest though...

Regardless, best of luck with it! Sounds like a great passion project you have there!

someone will complain and say it’s the worst card ever and that they don’t recognize half the names on the card
It's the worst card ever dude, seriously I don't even recognize half the names on this card.

Definitely sounds good, bud! I'll let you know what I think of it when I listened to an ep. I'll be honest though...

Regardless, best of luck with it! Sounds like a great passion project you have there!
Thanks for the encouragement. Need honest feedback to get better!

Back