UFC Fight Night 82 Averages 1.3 Million Viewers, Prelims Average 1 Million

That was on Fox and It wasn't last week, also Johnson-Bader, which was last week beat it in the ratings.

This full card was on Fox Sports 1, not the same thing.
Not to mention the garcia fight was a big hyped title fight. It got beaten by johnson vs some dude.

They are getting 100 million a year, Spike offered less than 30 million.

Spike isn't even an option at that price
Makes me wonder if the UFC would get more money by being an independent network

That is not true.
The reason they went after Sage and gave him a good contract was due to people already knowing who he was.
How would anyone know who he was? A few TV commercials years ago. I don't think so. They got him because they didn't want anyone else to sign him.

Not to mention the garcia fight was a big hyped title fight. It got beaten by johnson vs some dude.

PBC is doing time-buys, meaning they pay the networks to air their shows instead of the networks paying them. An article came out recently showing they have lost a whole lot of money doing so.

PBC is doing time-buys, meaning they pay the networks to air their shows instead of the networks paying them. An article came out recently showing they have lost a whole lot of money doing so.

I heard that for Spike. Didn't realize FS1 too

How would anyone know who he was? A few TV commercials years ago. I don't think so. They got him because they didn't want anyone else to sign him.

He was known.
He was in magazines from dating Disney starlets & other teen hollywood chicks, he was very well known in Karate, etc.

Makes me wonder if the UFC would get more money by being an independent network

FOX is probably going to be paying them $200M/yr or more in 2018 when the contract is renewed.

But they are getting more $$$ from Fox/FS1
With the added shows the ratings will have gone down on Spike too and Spike has recently been downgraded by a few top cable companies.
Also being on Fox really helps UFC's perception.
Actually, you are right, I stand corrected.

FOX is probably going to be paying them $200M/yr or more in 2018 when the contract is renewed.

Yea even if they just get the type of cards they have been getting recently, its hard to see Fox not offering 200 million for the live programming and huge amount of content the Ufc has

Yea even if they just get the type of cards they have been getting recently, its hard to see Fox not offering 200 million for the live programming and huge amount of content the Ufc has

UFC is pulling NHL numbers pretty consistently. They're worth a lot more than what they're being paid right now. If UFC brings their big cards onto free TV like Dana has been hinting... UFC could really end up shaking things up when you talk about money in MMA.

Take the Premier League for example... all these bush league UK teams are drowning in cash from TV deals just like the top teams in the league. You have teams about to be relegated out of the Premier league making $300M+ from TV deals.. Crazy money.

That makes perfect sense
Good job

Only Big Fox cards are 8pmEST with a 4-fight main card. Most "regular" fight nights are standard 10pm EST main card. Often times they run super late because of the commercials and pacing.

The UFC seriously needs get the main event on the screen earlier in the night. No one should have to stay up till 1am to watch. They are missing out on peak viewership. Get the fights started earlier on fight pass, then a 4 fight main card starting at 8 or 9 latest.
There was a time when the UFC moved the PPV start time to 9PM ET and I loved it but the buys weren't great for that short stretch so they changed it back. Buys have continued to fall since then in any show not involving a top star so I think they kind of jumped the gun there a little bit.

There was a time when the UFC moved the PPV start time to 9PM ET and I loved it but the buys weren't great for that short stretch so they changed it back. Buys have continued to fall since then in any show not involving a top star so I think they kind of jumped the gun there a little bit.

Yeah I remember that and I fucking loved it. Lasted for one or two shows only iirc. Ah well.

poor vieweing again

Back