• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Fight Night 81 - Dillashaw vs Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

The full video was just uploaded. The 2 minute version was taken off of YouTube a few days ago.

I'm not feeling good going into this weekend. Fights are cancelled and already down due to AXS and golf.

Don't know if anyone is betting on Shamrock-Gracie 3, but IRS is claiming Royce owes at least $1.2 million in back taxes and penalties. Royce even claimed EITC! Good chance he's just looking for a pay day. Then again, same goes for Shammy?

Apparently Augusto "Tanquinho" Mendes (5-0) is stepping up to fight Charre Rosa (saw it on Twitter, can't post the source as I'm on the phone).

Apparently Augusto "Tanquinho" Mendes (5-0) is stepping up to fight Charre Rosa (saw it on Twitter, can't post the source as I'm on the phone).
Holy crap, did not even realize Tanquinho fought MMA.

Don't know if anyone is betting on Shamrock-Gracie 3, but IRS is claiming Royce owes at least $1.2 million in back taxes and penalties. Royce even claimed EITC! Good chance he's just looking for a pay day. Then again, same goes for Shammy?

So that explains why Royce is fighting again thought it must be something like this. I think Ken is partly deluded but partly just loves fighting. Can't wait to see the odds!

??? Is he big on the BJJ circuit or something?

Yeah, huge. One of the few guys in MMA who can legitimately claim to be a BJJ World Champion, despite whatever Mike Goldberg told you. IMO his credentials in the gi are on par with or better than Jacare's. He has maybe the best BJJ in MMA. Notice I did not write, "for MMA" because there is a big difference. But slap a gi on him and there is no one near his weight class in the UFC who could hope to beat him. In BJJ he had the misfortune of competing in the hardest weight class in the sport by a mile, alongside Rafael Mendes and Cobrinha. He managed to beat both of them at least once and won the Worlds in 2013.

He also won the no gi worlds last year, which is not quite as prestigious as ADCC but still very impressive. I know he competed in ADCC last year but still haven't gotten around to watching (too many things on my list...)

Hmm Pettis-Alvarez, what you guys betting on?

One more thing about Tanquinho...he is not really known as an elite finisher or a great athlete the way Jacare is. He is a smart guy who uses tactics and strategy. Will probably have trouble in MMA until he can figure out how to "play the game".

I know its sad but I am actually looking forward to KS and Royce fighting. Luke Thomas was going off on his podcast a while ago that as fans our expectations are too low and we shouldn't be happy with fights like this but man I still like it.

Just because they are old doesn't mean it can't still be an interesting fight. As long as both fighters are of similar age and in the same weight class there is nothing wrong with older fighters competing, especially these guys with so much name recognition.

Even if both guys are just showing up for a paycheque I think they are both true fighters are very proud (which is a good thing). I don't see either guy just rolling over. It is so hard to put money on these fights as this kind of matchup is high variance. I favour Royce and will look to make a small bet on him at close to evens.

Not seeing anything on twitter maybe missing it but his last post said d.white coming to legacy 51 event and that was last week, and the other last post he went training/running on 8th, that was the last update.

Going to be a strange event with 3 fights with changes or 1-2 simply cut off, any other info on hettes ?
did hettes faint again due to that weight cutting process I wonder.

Interesting b/d from Firas

he was suggesting alvarez won't be able to get the same type of downs as RDA did but he can still get take downs, but he suggest pettis will get back to his feet due to his style. Firas suggest who ever strikes better gets the W, and any of them are capable of it, but overall he sounds confident on pettis with his kicks and movement.

lol @ Tj calling cruz the decisionator

Cruz does sport, 3 finishes (kos) in the last 10 years and one doc stoppage. Tj 6 finishes in past 3 years in his ufc career, and 3 ko wins in his last 3 fights including the stationary target that is Renan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back