UFC Fight Night 74: Chad Laprise vs Francisco Trinaldo PBP (Discussion)

Dude grew up without ever having a birthday party... Poverty can be sad as fuck.

I'm about to cry. They need to make a movie about this guy not Aldo. Can't afford a birthday party

I'm about to cry. They need to make a movie about this guy not Aldo. Can't afford a birthday party

aldo had it worse, he went days without eating while training in rio away from his family by himself at an early age.

That left hook was so tight he didn't even need a set up lol

I got to say his post fight interview gave me some feels there.

war Massaranduba!

Never having a birthday party...Buy that man a cake and some candles damn it!

tumblr_lz94zbR7G41qmfoslo1_400.gif

That's cool that he's doing something for the kids. You could see his emotions when he said that.

Also we didn't have to sit through another tristall 3 rounder...

Dudes like my hero.

It was legit emotional in portuguese. You could feel the satisfaction in his words for being able to pay for a birthday party at 37 for the kids.

Didn't he compete at 185 on TUF Brazil?

yeah. he looked pretty good on the show. He was really a mentor to the other guys on the show. Everyone in the house really looked up to him.

Mad respect for Massa. Wants to pay for every kid back home now that he can afford and calls that his bday party.

Mad respect for Massa. Wants to pay for every kid back home now that he can afford and calls that his bday party.

And he won't even be there in time. He told his mom to buy whatever the kids want call it his birthday party and he will pay for it. Clearly dreamed about that a lot during his childhood, as of course any kid in his place would.

I got to say his post fight interview gave me some feels there.

war Massaranduba!

yea man. sometimes we forget that some of these guys are just fathers looking to make a better life for their children.

Yeah makes me happy for him. Sometimes you don't think about the behind the scenes stuff and that these fighters are real people. Dude had it tough growing up but he's sure made something of himself, hope the best for him. Regardless of how far he goes I hope he at least makes a lot of money, he's 37 as of tomorrow so he doesn't have that much time left but I hope he makes the most of it.

Back