• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC Fight Night 222 - Pavlovich vs. Blaydes: Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 4/22 at 4:30pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you and Kate have any bets on this card?

Not this time. I'm supposed to go to a party tonight and will leave in a little bit. She did pick Blaydes so it would be a good bet. I won yesterday so you know I'm like 5 or 6 in a row here. :D

tumblr_n1bhowW3cw1qbskbpo1_400.gif
In your face backboard!

Has he always had this much trouble speaking? He sounds like fetterman.

I remember when he first started fighting in the UFC he talked fine. Think he started talking like this a couple years ago. Sad.

Reactions: THC
Blaydes gives the most real promos -- doesn't try hard to sound tough, just reads the UFC script and goes home.

That suit button was holding on for dear life

Where I wouldn't call Blaydes's striking particularly clean, I feel like he has that Derrick Brunson thing going where he can outstrike most heavyweights due to the threat and blend of his wrestling. I feel Blaydes may surprise some folks tonight.
I disagree a bit, his striking is usually set up really well with a crisp jab and tight combinations.
He just turns into absolute garbage whenever he gasses, he goes from being able to out strike JDS with well placed shots to shooting the ugliest takedowns possible whenever somebody throws a feint.

Back